Climbing Cayambe volcano (5.790 m / 18,996 ft) is another highlight in Ecuador. It's the country's third highest mountain and the highest and only snow covered point on the Equator. The tour can include minor technical challenges and offers absolutely stunning and impressive surroundings with very active glaciers as well as breathtaking crevasses. We take that playground as an opportunity and add a glacier training day before we give it a try with that beautiful summit. Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Technically the climb is not very difficult, nevertheless good fitness is required and some previous glacier travel experience highly recommended.
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climb we recommend at least 4 days of preparation, including hikes in altitude and steadily increasing your sleeping altitude if possible.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on firstname.lastname@example.org or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 2 climbers
- transportation in private vehicle from / to Quito
- accommodation at refuge with dinner and breakfast (2 x)
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- meals as specified (lunch / lunch box on day 1 + 2, snacks for the ascent)
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag for huts, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
You are an individual climber and want to book a private tour / guide.
You are booking as a group of 2 or more people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
Pick up in Quito at approx. 08.00 am, drive towards Cayambe. We continue to the check in of Cayambe National Park. Afterwards we drive to the parking lot at the Refugio Ruales Oleas Berge (4640 m / 15230 ft). We organize our equipment, and prepare everything. Before heading out to the glacier we have a small lunch at the refuge. In the afternoon we practice essential walking and glacier travel techniques on the beautiful glacier. Then we come back to the refuge for dinner and rest.
tech. data day: ↑↓ 0 m / 0 ft | ↔ 0,0 km / 0 mi (hike to the glacier)
catering day: - / LB / D