"Las Tintoreras", a group of small islets full of inlets and hidden beaches. The islet of Tintoreras is located south of Puerto Villamil. It has a bay where it is possible to observe sea lions, sea turtles, sea iguanas, stingrays, etc. This bay is connected to a superficial crack of crystalline waters that closes when the tide is low. In this crack it is possible to see whitetip sharks swim with the rest of tropical fish and sea lions.
Group type: Not private (shared)
Max travelers per product: 10
* Not wheelchair accessible
* Children must be accompanied by an adult
* This is travel by boat, please plan accordingly (i.e motion sickness medication)
* This tour is on boat and we practice snorkeling activity
* There no drop off in the hotel, the tour end in Puerto Villamil's Dock
* Wet suits is not included you must rent by yourself if you decide
Level of difficulty:
* Most travelers can participate
Guides and languages in person:
* English, Spanish
Policy type: All sales final
Travelers will not receive any refund regardless of cancellation status.
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
* This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
The guide will pick you up in the lobby of the hotel, (Hotel pick up inside the urban perimeter of Puerto Villamil) or we can give you a good meeting point to join with us.
We started the activity at 09:00 AM or 14H00 PM from Isabela Island.
From the bay we go to a set of islets called Tintoreras. Well known for being the habitat of penguins and white tip sharks!
We can sight these cute birds and have a great chance of finding wolves sailors along the coasts.
Other animals that we can observe while surrounding the islets are: rays, sea turtles, bay shakrs, goldfish, etc.
We enjoyed snorkeling time near the site, we will observe, sea turtles, sea lions, shark dye, different types of manta rays, various types of fish, galapagos penguin etc).
Bird watching (blue footed boobies and other birds) Islet walk observation of volcanic rock formations.
The boat drop off in Puerto Villamil´s dock and you can go to your hotel by yourself