From the heights of the Himalayas to the coasts of the South China Sea, the Mekong River is a pulsating lifeline winding its way through the lush lowlands of Cambodia and Vietnam. Between Saigon and Siem Reap, life revolves around the Mekong. It’s where local communities, ecosystems and agriculture thrive, it fascinates people and changes their lives.
The best way to experience Mekong culture is along its waterways. Life has played out here for thousands of years so join us to discover an authentic slice of Vietnam and Cambodia and enjoy the region’s rich history and traditions.
Experience the unique city life of Saigon (Ho Chi Minh), Vietnams largest city. The city pulsates with energy unlike any other city in Vietnam. Skyscrapers tower above old French museums while swarms of motorbikes hum down the streets. The city’s buzzy rush is exciting and infectious. Then for a change of pace climb aboard a traditional rice barge as we meander along the Mekong River watching the hustle and bustle of daily life on the water and riverbanks.
Moving towards our next destination, fascinating Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia. Phnom Penh’s streets bustle with charm, plentiful history, architecture, food and culture, all wrapped up in the hectic, vibrant atmosphere you’d expect from a major Asian city.
We will conclude our adventure in Siem Reap where we explore the UNESCO World Heritage listed Angkor.. Explore Angkor Wat, the largest religious monument in the world in the light of early dawn, gaze into the stone faces carved at Bayon temple and walk through the jungle-choked temples at Ta Prohm.
Join us for our adventure and create some amazing memories with our Heart of the Mekong Tour.
TWIN SHARE - $ 2,900 AUD*
SINGLE ROOM - $ 3,600 AUD*
*Tour Price is land price only and does not include return airfares
This tour has an initial $500AUD deposit with the remainder to be paid 75 days prior to departure (1st November 2022). All payments made by Credit Card will incur a small processing fee.
Balance of monies can be made direct to the following bank account:
Name: Soul Sanctuary Retreats
Account Number: 249497104
* Up until 75 days before the start of the tour a $500 non-refundable deposit will be retained.
* For between 75 days and 45 days before the start of the tour, 50% of the final payment (including the non refundable deposit) will be forfeited.
* For less than 45 days or for no shows the entire amount will be forfeited as we would have already had to pay for accommodation, transport and activities, and this money will not be returned to us.
* Once the tour has commenced no monies will be returned to you.
* Travel Insurance is compulsory. Guests must ensure that have appropriate Travel Insurance policies in place prior to departure.
* You are responsible for checking all testing and proof of vaccination requirements for the airlines or vessel operator/s you travel with and all countries you travel to and transit through. For more information refer to Smart Traveller website
* This Tour requires a moderate level of fitness - there is walking, steep stairs, uneven roads and getting on & off boats.
* Sites are large and sometimes hot, you may need to walk several kilometres around a single site.
Arrival is the 15th January 2023 to Tan Son Nhat International Airport Saigon. The Hotel is approximately 45 mins from Airport.
At the time of writing this there were a few airlines flying direct from Sydney to Ho Chi Min City/Saigon.
Accommodation on Arrival : Edenstar Saigon Hotel
Address: 38 Bui Thi Xuan, Ben Thanh ward, Distric 1
Please note, there is no reason to arrive early for this trip as there are no planned activities on the first day. It has been included just for you to arrive and settle in.
Departure is from Siem Reap International airport.The airport is 30 mins from the hotel. Siem Reap International airport is small and easy to navigate
At the time of writing this there are currently no direct flights from Siem Reap to Australia. The return flight will require a stop in either Singapore/Kuala Lumpur, Saigon or Bangkok.
This room rate is per person in a room sharing with 2 separate beds. This tour has a $500 deposit. You can nominate someone to share with on the registration form.
If you don't nominate someone we will do our best to partner you up with someone. However, if we are unable to find you a roommate the single room rate will apply, we hope you understand.
This tour has a $500 Deposit
We welcome you at the airport and our driver will transfer you to our hotel.
I will meet you at the hotel to welcome you and help you check-in.
Today is a free day for you to settle in and either relax around the roof top pool or explore the streets around our hotel.
Overnight in Saigon-Meals N/A
Accommodation: Edenstar Saigon Hotel
Address: 38 Bui Thi Xuan, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1
Please note - There is no need to arrive before the 15 January as there are no planned activities.