Depart Amsterdam and head north to some of the best of Northern Europe. Visit Norway, Iceland, the Shetland Islands and Scotland for visits to Inverness and Edinburgh. Some of best ports are even more enjoyable with occasional days at sea for relaxation and fun aboard your brand new ship, Ryndam. This will be her inaugural season having made her first cruise May 2021.
• Amsterdam, Netherlands • Norway: Haugesund & Alesund • Iceland: Akureyri, Eyjafjordur, Isafjordur, Isafjardurdjur & Reykjavik (overnight) • Shetland Islands: Lerwick • Scotland: Inverness & Edinburgh • All must-have expenses included: local departure, taxes, crew tips, travel insurance and extra fun with Stevie Jay, Janet and the kids
Amsterdam (1) Movenpick
Cruising (14) Rotterdam
The disclosed principal is Holland America Line.
Click here for a Print-Friendly Flier PDF. And click here for Deck Plans of our ship. All prices are per person, based on occupancy. • Document required for US Citizens is Passport valid through 2/14/23; no visa or shots at this time. Other citizens should consult their consulate. • Insurance coverage included Deluxe Group Plan from Travel Guard and for coverage details see steviejaytravel.com/insurance covering cancellation charges; other terms at steviejaytravel.com/terms which are incorporated by reference. • Price and details are subject to change. • Flight upgrade options cost (round trip, per person): A) Economy Extra Legroom $390 (includes insurance), or, B) $4000 for business class & insurance (which will tend to increase in price as time goes on)—when booking, you pay the travel insurance upgrade cost only of $270 then once we have verified the fare is the same (or acceptable to you if increased) then the full ticket cost must be paid then. Acct#200731s 1APR21 14:52
• More time seeing the sights and relaxing since you board the ship and unpack once and yet visit many places.
• Local departure from Central Illinois cities on a private motorcoach.
• Travel insurance* covers a variety of occurrences like being unable to go due to illness or accident (also including your roommate or a family member).
• Also included all tips …yes, drivers, baggage handling, and cruise staff.
• Better to pay a rate that’s a good value now than having to keep digging into your wallet along the way. You could end up paying more “DIY” and not have as carefree of an experience.
• Sometimes better promotions come along and we are watching for those so we get those for travelers already booked.
*Want to go but you “don’t buy green bananas”?
We understand it may seem like far in the future. Can’t plan how you’re going to feel then. However, consider these things:
This exceptionally desirable itinerary is likely to sell out very early.
Travel insurance will reimburse you if you, a traveling companion, or a family member gets ill or has an accident. The coverage is the same today through the day of travel…
And even during the trip through Trip Interruption coverage.
That’s why we include AIG/Travel Guard Travel Insurance when you book. It even waives the pre-existing conditions exclusion. As long as you are medically able to travel when you book, you are covered. Note that Medicare does not cover you overseas! But our plan does! See plan details for more information and other coverage features of the included travel insurance.
Best Overall Cruise Value—25 Consecutive Years—Awarded by the World Ocean & Cruise Liner Society
Welcome to Holland America Line, the cruise line dedicated to explorers, foodies and music lovers who want to pursue these passions on all seven seas and continents, on perfectly sized, refreshingly uncrowded ships filled with one-of-a-kind experiences.
DESTINATION EXPERTISE & IMMERSION
Nearly 150 years of experience sailing the world’s oceans
Exclusive Explorations Central™ destination programming that gives guests a deeper understanding of the places they visit
UNRIVALED CULINARY EXPERIENCES
Culinary Council® of world-renowned chefs—plus experts in wine and spirits—who design our onboard dining experiences
A variety of dining options*, including specialty restaurants, pop-up dining and the exceptional Dining Room
Live onboard cooking demonstrations
Culinary shore excursions in partnership with FOOD & WINE® magazine
THE BEST IN LIVE MUSIC
A great cruise deserves a great soundtrack with memorable performances from world-class musicians
Live music for every taste at Lincoln Center Stage, B.B. King’s Blues Club,
Billboard Onboard, Rolling Stone Rock Room and more*
PERFECTLY SIZED SHIPS; RENOWNED SERVICE
Ships designed with the philosophy that bigger isn’t better, better is better
Sleek nautical lines, spacious public areas, wraparound decks and sophisticated style
In every detail, every day, guests experience the best service at sea, with a gracious, friendly staff that’s never in the way but always close at hand
Balance is due 3/16/2021. Credit cards, "e-check" or paper checks welcomed.
Additional deposit is required if upgrading to either extra legroom economy ($330/person, round trip) or Business Class ($3300, per person, round trip subject to change). These amounts include the extra insurance to cover the upgrade. If either of these upgrades have increased in price when you book, you will have the option to decline them without penalty if the new price is unacceptable. For business class, we will call to discuss it after you book and it must purchased at that time.
Package prices reflect current Holland America Line discounts. Following are discounts for part(s) of our package that you do not want:
• If you do not want the included insurance, then when booking apply the following discount code NO-INSURANCE and your price will be reduced by $363 per person.
• If you do not want the included local departure from Central Illinois, airfare from Chicago, nor transfers from airport-hotel/ship-airport), then when booking apply the following discount code NO-AIR and your price will be reduced by $1050 per person.
• If you want neither insurance nor local bus/air fare/transfers, when booking apply the following discount code NO-AIR-INSUR and your price will be reduced by $1413 per person.
The longest day of the year is in late June, but even in August in Iceland, it gets dark just before midnight and first light appears before 3:00 a.m.!
Temperatures will be a lot nicer than Illinois' in July with highs in the 70s and perhaps low 80s. With all those hours of sunlight you may feel more energized! Best to pack layers rather a heavy coat if we have a relatively cool day (compared to Illinois' muggy 90-100°).
No window. Ranges from 141-225 square feet.
Has a window. Ranges from 175-282 square feet.
VF Category. Located on Deck 4 or 8 in the fore or aft parts of the ship (front or back). To stay instead amidships, in V Category, now costs $2500/person extra cost as of June 2022.
Has a private veranda with a sitting area. Ranges from 228-405 square feet including veranda.
Has a private veranda with sitting area. Ranges from 260-356 square feet including veranda. When we last checked, there were only 1 or 2 Vista Suites left in category B and BC respectively.
Has a window. Ranges from 175-282 square feet.
Stevie Jay welcomes you aboard our private motor coach to O’Hare where we board our overnight flight to Amsterdam.