Join us for an amazing Surf course which will take your understanding and abilities few steps further.
As part of the retreat, u will commence the below qualifications -
•ISA L1 Surf Instructor
•ISA / ILS Ocean Safety
•Post ISA L1 Surf Instructor Assessments & Coaching - a 20 hours post course training under the supervision of a qualified ISA Surf Coach or Course Presenter
Each participant will receive –
•Level 1 Surf Instructor certification
•ISA membership for 12 months
•Course materials, work-books & manual
Join us for this amazing opportunity to Combine a professional certification, training and fun!
As a successful competitive surfer in the mid 80’ & 90’s I was able to win multiple South African Championship titles and gained a headlining sponsorship from Quicksilver and was able to compete on a national & international platform.
With over 30 years of surf coaching and lifeguarding experience, Pat has worked in South Africa for the City of Durban and the Surfing Federation of Sri Lanka, Surfing Federation of India, Maldives Surfing Association and Surfing England.
Pat is recognized on a global scale for his contribution and involvement in surf coaching & lifeguard training.
Pat is an official International Surfing Association Coach Educator / Course Presenter and a qualified Surf Lifesaving Great Britain Lifeguard Trainer / Assessor.
He holds the International Surfing Association L2 Surf Coach and the Academy of Surf Instructors Master Surf Coach qualifications and many more!
Pat worked for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution for 17 years leading and managing Lifeguard Training & Development for one of the biggest rescue services on the planet!
During the Course, participants will stay at out Beach house which is located right on Kabalana Beach.
Our beach house offers 7 spacious and luxurious rooms, each room has a AC, a private toilet and shower and lots and lots of style!
The Beach House is located on the beach in Kabbalah overlooking 3 great spots - The Rock, Fisherman’s and an excellent Beach Break.
With a few minutes Tuk Tuk ride u can some of the best waves which Srilanka can offer
A tropical magical island nestled in the Indian Ocean and offering excellent, high quality waves for surfers of all levels throughout the year.
The peak of the tourism season on the southern side of the island is between the months of October May and the waves are suitable for beginners to advanced.
Upon arrival at the airport, anyone with a valid vaccination certificate Can enter the country without PCR test.
Sri Lanka offers a variety of waves for all levels of surfers, from soft beach breaks, reef breaks and long points.
Below are details about the waves in our hotel area:
• Kabalana A FRAME which offers a long, high quality left hander a short, steep right hander, along with another beach break that offers peaks in all directions
• Fishermen's an excellent reef break for intermediate surfers who want to improve technique and style. The waves break in both directions and offer a channel that allows to reach the lineup easily
• Marshmallows a left wave that breaks on deep water, therefore offers long and soft corners, especially for beginners and / or retro surfboards
• Zion a long left hander that breaks off a cliff and another A frame peak which breaks on a rocky bottom
• Lazy Right a soft right hander, located in front of Midigama Bay
• Lazy Left a soft left hander reef break, located in front of Midigama Bay
• Fisherman s Point one of the most quality reef breaks in the area. The break located at the northern end of Welligama and can be access by long paddle or or by boat
• Welligama a wide sand bottom bay with a large number of peaks
• Merissa forgiving righthand point break which breaks on a deep reef
• Mediha Two reef breaks, right" and left" which work at their best at high tide
• Hiriketiya there are two breaks in the bay a left point that breaks on a shallow reef for advanced and an open break beach on both sides suitable for all levels
Understand roles of the instructor
Know roles of instructor to maintain safety of surfer in your care
Good knowledge of instructing methods
Know how to develop skill
Understand program planning
Personal surfing skills
Surfing skills & preparation for lessons