Relax and rejuvenate the Italian way
Our retreat is set in a farmhouse situated in S. Angelo a small quiet picturesque fishing village, just above the “Fumarole” beach, on the Maronti Bay where hot thermal vapours rise from the under-ground, creating a very special natural phenomenon. This little oasis of peace by the sea is the per-fect setting for your yoga escape in southern Italy for a week full of charm and atmosphere.
The morning and evening yoga classes will be held either on the outdoor platform overlooking the thermal pool, beach and island of Capri, or in the spacious and comfortable “Sala di yoga” just next door. It is a truly magical experience to re-connect with yourself on your yoga mat while simultane-ously connecting to such an Idyllic landscape.
You’ll be staying just a 5 minutes costal path from the most beautiful 3 km long beach on the island, the Maronti . And you will be at only 10 min walk from the pastel coloured village S. Angelo over-looking the bay, this stunning little place is truly romantic with a lot to offer the intrepid traveller: cafés, restaurants, exhibitions, and shops – all within the historical centre that can only be accessed by foot as the entire village is traffic-free, making it a tranquil place to explore.
This is a perfect yoga retreat to breathe fresh Mediterranean air, re-centering, rejuvenating and detox in the sauna, steam bath and thermal pools, with plenty of Yoga, Chi gong and meditation that will just add on to your relaxation. You will enjoy peaceful soothing surroundings to recharge your inner batteries while letting yourself be inspired by the “dolce vita”, the italian way of life.
The argriturismo “il Giardino del Nonno” (grandfather’s garden) is a place magical and simple at the same time, built around a beautiful villa on the sea with large flowered terraces enriched by two hot thermal pools, sun terraces, hydromassage and natural saunas and steam bath dug in ancient tuff caves.
All the rooms are nicely and organically tucked in along the paths of pomegranate, fig, orange, lemon and other trees, and have each separate entrance and either a terrace or a balcony. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and bright in colour, all equipped with TV, air conditioning and fan. Peace, silence, and the constant smells of nature are the ever enchanting components of this place. The views of mountains and sea intertwine. The restaurant of il Giardino del Nonno is one of the highlights of the retreat. Enjoy tasting the real traditional Ischian recipes passed down in a family tradition to Anna and Pietro and their children. They will spoil your senses and tastes with the freshest biological ingredients coming straight from the gardens and for those who like can also savour the catch of the day at dinner time and enjoy some of the great local wine. All is being served on the large flowery terrace overlooking the sea and pool. Life is being celebrated here and it just feels wonderful.
Arrival from mid-day onwards. Evening dinner will be served at 19:30
7:30am- 8:30 am Sun Rise meditation and Chi gong
8:30am- 10:00 am Morning yoga
10:00am- 11:00 am Brunch
11:00am- 16:30 pm Free time to relax, explore or 1- 1 sessions (massages/bodywork with Massimo)
16:30pm- 18:00 pm Sunset yoga & meditation
19:00pm- 20:30pm Dinner
Wednesday afternoon there will be no yoga class.
Departure and check out after Breakfast
- Hot Springs: Ischia is famous for its natural hot springs, many of which bubble up right along the coast. In some areas the seawater is hot, which is absolutely marvellous.
- Hikes and walks in nature: going up the top of Monte Epomeo (789 metres high) to enjoy 360° breath-taking views of the island and beyond
- Explore Castello Aragonese, a medieval castle built on a rock near the island in 474 BC
- Massages/Bodywork sessions withMassimo are available during the day
- The old roman thermal baths
- Boat trips and visits to the nearby islands of Capri and Procida,
- Shopping, sight-seeing with a Vespa (Italian typical motorbike) around the island,
- Swimming in the sea. Il giardino del Nonno is at walking distance to the sea.
- Many thermal parks present on the island.
- Wine tasting at Casa D’Ambra, the island’s oldest vineyard
- The village of Panza is at a stone’s throw from the property, only 20 min walk in case you need to buy something.
Best is to fly into Naples, (Capodichino Airport) - (NAP - Naples).
Alternatively you could fly into Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport (FCO - Rome) or Ro-ma Ciampino (CIA) and take the train to Naples.
We recommend to choose a flight option that arrives early in Naples and leaves from Midday onwards to leave you plenty of time each way to cross over with the ferry to Ischia.
Pick-up from the airport or train station of Naples direct to Sant Angelo can be arranged with a transfer including taxi + boat at a cost of 40€ if shared and 70 € for single person non shar-ing.
• 8 days and 7 nights private accommodations (bedrooms each with private bathrooms, lin-ens)
• All brunch and dinners
• Use of estate premises (terraces, 2 thermal pools, yoga spaces, kneip baths, sauna, etc.)
• Two Daily Yoga Classes (over 22 hours in total)
• Use of yoga mats and props
Arrival and departure to / from the hotel (transfers for at least 2 persons from 40 € per person single personne 70 € )
Other meals and drinks