This immersion is a 10 day spiritual awakening/connecting journey through the villages and mountains of Bhutan. Local gurus guide us through sacred spaces and practices furthering our connection with the earth and sky. Living like locals do while enjoying spectacular views in pristine land.
Meditating in a monastery and ontop of mountains with meditation teachers. Meditating in a monastery and ontop of mountains with lifelong students of peace and spiritual principles activates us on a deep level.
Enjoy this enlightening country where the monarchy measures wealth not by Gross National Product, but by Gross Domestic Happiness of its people.
Why this trip?
1. Because the entire immersion is based upon wellness.
2. Good quantities of food is served and a genuine promise of serving the highest quality organic ingredients is made.
3. This immersions is made from heartful service and a genuine inspiration for you to experience how great wellness can really be when all details are as beneficial as possible.
4. Bhutan has an amazing richness of tradition, and as with all traditions or goal is to find the most beneficial aspects of it related to ideal human vitality and happiness.
That is why the combination of a caring local Bhutanese travel agent Tshering Lhamtshok from Samsara-asia living in the country and a wellness idealist, Simen Lie certified in nutrition and studied nutrition and wellness for 11 years, draws out the very essence of the most beneficial aspect of Bhutan for you, as best as we can.
5. For those who are vegan: we have seen the the other vegan tour providers and inquired about their level of organic prouduce, we can confidently say that we have a higher standard in terms of actually giving you the highest quality foods and focusing the immersions around wellness aspects.
Immerse yourself in the essence of the country that has bren mentioned as the happiest place on earth, and discover their traditions, techniques, philosophies that contributes to this tranquility. Together with amazing zen meditation masters, nutritionists, yoga teachers, international and local friends we experience the best that this still relatively secret and pristine paradise has to provide. We talk with wise Bhutanese elders about traditional zen principles, have conversations with the young.
Elegant dinners in nature and amazing sceneries and local private house dinners, we eat the most optimal food we can create for vitality, with the freshest possible foods, oftentimes straight from the tree or vine to the plate.
For physicial optimisation we include massages beneficial for posture, bodywork, herbal baths.
The environment is as tailored as possible to support the realisation of the best and most vital version of your spirit embodied here on earth.
We shower in pure spring water and soak in hot springs.
Bhutan is a country that cultivates and amplifies happiness and while integrating ourselves further with our true spirit energy due to tradition, mineral rich soil and more.
We welcome you to express your wishes so we can best tailor the trip for you. We do our best to create a basework that is beneficial for most but you are the expert of yourself so we listen to your intuition as to what might activate you most as well.
The itinerary might be adjusted to accommodate our flow or what we and the guests feel is beneficial for each individual.
This trip is all about activating your true version of your spirit and to be connected with who you really are.
Fun, create memories for life, form friendships with like minded people and experience a journey that inspires you and empowers you to take the next levels of your life.
Some of the food is lighter, like just some berries, a soup or a cataloupe. In reality people usually snack between meals, and for many body types, this is natural and allows you to really fill yourself with nutrients. Therefore we add in snacks that can be eaten if desired.
We have a premade meal plan we adapt and tailor for your intuition, and then you choose what to eat while on the trip, but we will make sure we have a very nourishing and delicious plan running automatically while we explore in nature in Bhutan.
1. We send you our sample meal plan and you confirm or change the meals included and ask to make adjustments as necessary. Every meal has a number, and you can tell us how you feel like customising each one. This will serve as a basis and help us in planning food throughout trips and activities as a solid base for your nourishment that should be sufficient, but since we all are unique we welcome you to tailor any way you feel like.
2. You can also customise and tailor each day as the days go by if something must be tailored better for you.
3. We have extra food available and we can assist you in ordering other plant based foods or show you where nearby stores are if necessary.
Shirts or tops with long light weight sleeves. Lightweight pants.
Bathing shorts/suits/swim wear.
Natural Mosquito sprays.
If for any reason you can't come you get a full refund.
This tour is operated by Samsara-Asia, a licensed tour agency in Bhutan. Tshering Lhamtshok will be our contact and gives us access to a high lama, meditation masters, local bhutanse and guides us to the most beneficial places we have found for wellness, and to become more enlightened.
The itinerary may be subject to change but we do our best to make sure that the environment supports you to be your greatest version.
For example, we might serve fresher, riper or more in season fruits or different foods than originally planned. The itinerary and meal plan will be updated regularily.
DAY 1: Arrival at Paro International Airport and Transfer to Thimphu (2200m: 1.5 hour drive)
10:00: Arrival at Paro International airport (2200 m). Samsara Asia team will greet you at the airport with a traditional white scarf welcome and transfer to Thimphu City (1.5 hour drive)
Enroute, visit the 15th Century Iron bridge and a crossover to the Tamchoe lhakhang.
11:30: Check into hotel, refresh and set out for lunch.
Fun games to introduce ourselves and each other.
12:00 Bhutanese fruit snacks, meal.
Session one, introduction to the journey, setting conscious intent for the journey.
Time to relax, acclimate, bathe in the river, restore, explore Thimphu city,
14:00 Lunch, meal.
15:00 Berry snacks meal.
16:00 Bhutanese massage with focus on benefitting posture, increasing chi flow and relaxation.
18:30: Cultural Night with folk dances at Simply Bhutan with dinner and bhutanese performances, meal.
19:30 Herbal bath with herbs like motherwort for relaxation.
20:00 Relaxing herbal tea.