Our half-day tour of Lima packs in all the history, culture, and sight-seeing you could hope for. We will take you through the ages, beginning in the pre-Hispanic era, moving through colonial times, and finishing with some very modern views of this endlessly interesting city.
Highlights of this tour, departing from Lima year-round:
- Historical Center of Lima, site of over fifty monuments and Colonial sites, such as the Paseo de la República, San Martín Square, the Main Square, the Government Palace, the Archbishop’s Palace, the Cathedral Basilica, and the City Council Palace.
- Museum of the Banco Central de Reserva (price of admission included), where we will admire an exhibit featuring objects made of gold, ceramics and textiles from different pre-colonial cultures.
- San Francisco Convent, which displays the largest collection of religious art in the Americas.
- A visit to the underground vaults, or the "catacumbas."
- Traditional residential areas of Lima, such as El Olivar of San Isidro, Miraflores and Larcomar.
All of these iconic sites are within reach during this trip.