Celebrate Martin Luther King weekend awakening together through the practices of Yoga, meditation, and sadhana (collective spiritual practice.) In times of political upheaval and injustice, we will explore how to strengthen the legacy Martin Luther King, our own legacy, and equality in our communities through cultivating loving awareness and courage to take action in the face of oppression. Our practice will illuminate the connection and interdependence between personal and collective liberation. Expect practices that invite stillness, introspection, and deep rejuvenation of the soul as well as other practices that reignite our commitment as activists and change makers. As we deepen our connection to Sangha, heart, and body, we will explore the blocks to forgiveness and letting go. Each day will include discussion, periods of silence, chanting, sitting and walking meditation, and 2-3 hours of Asana practice.
The retreat is held at cozy, secluded Pema Osel Ling: 2013 Eureka Canyon Rd, Watsonville, CA.
Explore 104 acres of redwood forest in the Santa Cruz mountains. Relax by the pond as the sun sets over the Santa Cruz mountains, or enjoy watching the sunrise while sipping organic coffee on one of the large porches available at our homes. Hike or bike through Nisene Marks trail or the Soquel Demonstration Forest.
Please note that only self-identified people of color are invited on this retreat. No white allies, family members, or partners.
Arrival: 3-5 pm Friday, January 18th (late arrival possible if approved by organizer)
Departure: 2:30 pm Sunday, January 20th
1. Apply for a scholarship or work trade here:
2. If you would like to arrange to pay by cash or check, please contact Satya directly firstname.lastname@example.org
*****Rates go up $45-$90 on December 1st*****
3. All deposits & payments are NON-REFUNDABLE and NO EXCHANGES. This includes acts of God or Mother Nature. Please make sure you purchase travel insurance that would cover a cancelled retreat or your personal need or emergency to cancel your retreat. As times become more turbulent, it's important to be prepared. Lonely planet has good insurance. Make sure to check fine print.
4. Carpooling will be made available but is not guaranteed.
5. There are scholarships available. Apply by October 1st through the link below.
6. All meals are included. Lovingly prepared, ingredients are organic and vegetarian. Gluten-free, vegan, and other dietary needs are available upon request.
7. Payment plans available. Please email Satya for details: email@example.com
For more information about Satya come by one of her public classes listed at facebook.com/satyabodyworks
or check out these videos:
Twin bed in room shared with 3-4 other people. Shared bathroom.
Queen or double bed in room shared with one other person person. Shared bathroom.
Private room with queen bed in Orchard or Sangha house. Shared bathroom.
Private room with separate entrance in the Orchid House. Private Bathroom and Shower.
Secluded, private, cozy, heated cottage with Private Bathroom and Shower and queen bed.
Twin bed in room shared with 2-3 other people. Heated Cabin. Shared heated external bathhouse and bathrooms a short walk away.
Queen bed in a private Heated Cabin. Shared heated external bathhouse and bathrooms a short walk away.