Lumbini, the world-famous Buddhist pilgrimage, is located in the Rupandehi district of Nepal. Lumbini is known as the birthplace of Siddhartha Gautam, also known as the Gautam Buddha. It is a very popular tourist destination. It houses many significant historical, religious, and cultural monuments.
Lumbini lies in the Rupandehi district of Lumbini province, which is located southwest of Kathmandu. Reaching the tourist destination of Lumbini has two options. An air-based journey is a flight from Kathmandu to Bhairawa, and land-based travel is made by traveling through public buses or rented private vehicles.
Our Lumbini Day tour package will be a brief and comfortable traveling package. It will include a flight from Kathmandu to Bhairawa and a day full of Lumbini tours. The Lumbini Day Tour package will allow you to explore this sacred and holy region and its monuments with knowledgeable guides and on our well-planned itinerary.
The itinerary we have planned for you will be short but has a lot of activities. They are broken down further based on your location and destination for easy understanding.
● Pick up from Hotel - Our crew will receive you via private vehicles and escort you to the airport for the flight. The flight will leave early in the morning.
● Flight from Kathmandu to Bhairahwa- You will fly to the Gautam Buddha Airport from Tribhuvan Aiport through the domestic terminal. This will take about 30 minutes.
● Road trip from Bhairahwa to Lumbini- After you land at the Gautam Buddha Airport, you will have to travel to Lumbini by road. You will be taken to the destination by our rented private jeep. This will be a short 30-minute drive. We aim to reach Bhairahwa by 11 in the morning.
● Lunch at a local place- The tourist site at Lumbini does not have shops, hotels, or restaurants; it is a protected area consisting of monasteries. So, before going to the tourist area, you will have lunch in a nearby restaurant.
● Exploring the sites- After lunch, you will walk to the holy site of Lumbini to explore the popular tourist destinations. This will include visits to places like the Mayadevi temple, World peace stupa, the Monastic zone, Lumbini sacred, the Ashoka pillar, Pushkarini(the sacred pond), and the Lumbini museum. Garden.
Our guides and translators will be there to give you an idea of the place’s significance historically, culturally, religiously, and archaeologically. You can also buy gifts and souvenirs nearby. A full day of exploration will bring your mind at ease as the place is quaint and peaceful. It brings you a step closer to understanding the Buddhist way of life.
● A tea break before the road trip returning to Bhairahwa- After you are done with your Lumbini exploration, you will eat something before heading back. This part of the tour is planned to be over by 5 in the evening.
● Road- trip back to Bhairhwa- After you grab a bite, you will head back to the Siddhartha Gautam airport for a flight back to Kathmandu. You will be carried in the same rented jeep you traveled in the morning.
● Flight back to Kathmandu - You will board a flight at 6:30 pm at the Siddhartha Gautam airport. The flight will take you back to Kathmandu, and you will reach Tribhuvan International airport within half an hour. Your tour is guaranteed to finish by 8 pm at the latest.
● Dinner at Kathmandu- After reaching Kathmandu, you will be provided with a social dinner as per your package. You need not rush back to your hotel and plan your meal.
● Drop off at your hotel- After dinner, we will drop you off back at the hotel you are staying in, just like in the morning.