Trollhaugen Tours present
Syttende mai in Trondheim
May 13—May 24, 2022
· Oslo, Norway’s vibrant capital city.
· Viking Ship Museum, Bygdøy Folk Museum,
· Train ride from Oslo to Trondheim.
· Celebrate 17th of May in historic Trondheim
· Nidaros Cathedral—Norway’s national sanctuary
· Hegra Fortress
· The legend of Prillar Guri in Otta/Kringen
· Guided tour of Lom Stavkirke
· Sognefjell and Sognefjord
· Stunning views from Stalheim Hotel
· Norway in a Nutshell
· The Flåm Railway—the steepest railway lines in the world.
· Edward Grieg’s home Troldhaugen
· Historic and charming Bergen
· Mt Fløyen overlooking beautiful Bergen.
This morning discover Norway’s capital city on a guided bus tour featuring visits to the City Hall to see the murals and the location of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony. Followed by visits to the Frogner Park for a walk where the guide will stop at the most important pieces of ca 200 sculptures made by artist Gustav Vigeland, Polarship Fram Museum, Viking Ship Museum and the Norwegian Folk Museum, an open-air museum with 160 historic buildings, including a beautiful Gol Stave Church from around 1200 and indoor exhibits featuring Norwegian folk costumes, folk art, church art and Sami culture. Once back at the Oslo hotel, lunch on your own. Afternoon and evening free to explore with dinner on your own. (B)