Shasta Winter Backcountry Skills Course:
Spend the weekend learning how to stay safe and prepared during winter snowsports. Learn from experts in the field on topics of mountain medicine, avalanche safety, backcountry navigation and winter wilderness first aid.
This course is designed for anyone who ventures out into the wilderness, whether on skis, boards, bikes, ATVs or by foot.
- Spend the weekend in the charming mountain town of Mt. Shasta, California
- Learn mountain safety tips and techniques from expert mountaineer guides
- Practice rescue scenarios with personal beacon devices
- Understand key points for navigation in winter terrain
- Spend the afternoons out in the beautiful Shasta backcountry practice skills
- Enjoy evening happy hours around a fire in the company of new friends
- Fall asleep in a cozy mountain lodge
Policies, Terms and Conditions