The root chakra of the Earth is widely believed to be located at Mount Shasta in Northern California. Rising out of forests and meadows, Mount Shasta is known for its natural beauty, fresh unspoiled wilderness and powerful spiritual presence. The mystery and unexplained stories surrounding this site are endless.
Join our team on this weekend getaway to Shasta-Trinity National forest, experience the healing power of the Mighty Mount Shasta., hike 20+ miles on the most scenic trails of Mt. Shasta and vicinity, swim in the mountain lakes, admire beautiful McCloud waterfalls, sleep in a tent under the bright stars - all good for your body and soul !
This 3-day getaway from your everyday errands , a wonderful chance to try camping and hiking without sacrificing your comforts! Professional staff will cook and serve a healthy home-style food for you, made from scratch. If you are a newbie for camping and/or hiking, this is a right trip for you, where you can relax and recharge!
Special climbing skills NOT required for this trip
No climbing Mt. Shasta summit on this trip
Not a Backpacking trip: 2 nights in tents at the same campsite making roundtrip hikes every day
Level of difficulty : Easy (Day 1 &3 ), Moderate (Day 2)
- Sleeping bag (good to have 32/45F - it might be chill)
- Sleeping pad (mat) for camping
- Duffel bag or backpack for your main luggage
- A small backpack or camelback for day-hikes (to put water reservoir, a snack, sun block, swimming suite).
- Head lamp (it is good to have light when your hands are free)
- Trekking poles – suggested for steep downhill trails
- Water bottle & water canister – we have possibility to get great spring water in Sacramento head waters park
- Personal Bowl, Mug, Knife, Fork, Spoon
- Small garbage bags for hiking trails (for your personal trash/leftovers)
- Sunblock (UV 50+) & lip balm
- Personal toiletries : toothpaste, toothbrush etc.
- Mosquito repellent (just in case)
- Your personal first aid kit (your personal medicines you can’t do without). The guide will have essentials.
Hiking /Camping Outfit:
- Good sturdy high-ankled hiking boots, well-worn before the trip (!) Please don’t bring brand new boots, try them a few times on hiking trails before the trip, to avoid blisters.
- Comfortable tennis shoes (it's good to have a change of shoes for some trails, campground etc)
- Some kind of sandals of flip flops – for non-hiking part of the day, or wearing at the campground
- Light hiking pants or bermuda-pants (shorts or yoga pants are not recommended – to prevent sunburns, possible poison oak)
- Light long-sleeved loose shirt (protection from sun, insects)
- A change of t-shirts for hiking (preferably a quick-dry fabric, not cotton)
- Comfortable outfit for sleeping in a tent (cotton leggings, tshirt, fleece jacket)
- Thin fleece jacket / sweater
- Some light jacket – could be a windbreaker or thin sleeveless down jacket e.g. Uniqlo (for chilly evenings & mornings)
- Towel (small face towel/quick-dry beach towel)
- Swim suit
Morning departure from Bay Area (pick-up time and locations will be confirmed a few days before departure). Drive 4-5h to the private campground at the Lake Siskuyu on a rented 12-seater comfortable van.
On arrival to the campsite a healthy picnic-lunch will be waiting for you served by our Professional Chef. Drive to the trailhead, hike from Castle Lake to Heart Lake
(Distance: ~5.0 miles, Difficulty: Moderate). This trail goes between two lakes, followed by an uphill hike to the viewpoint to see the panoramic view over the lakes, Mt. Shasta, Shastina and other iconic sites of the region.
Time for swimming in Castle Lake or/and Heart Lake.
Back to campground, where the hot bbq dinner will be waiting for you.
Reunite at the bonfire with your new girlfriends.
Overnight in the tents.
*We will stay 2 nights at the same campsite