The root chakra of the Earth is widely believed to be located at Mount Shasta in Northern California. Rising out of forests and meadows, Mount Shasta is known for its natural beauty, fresh unspoiled wilderness and powerful spiritual presence. The mystery and unexplained stories surrounding this site are endless.
Join our women circle on this weekend getaway to Shasta-Trinity National forest, experience the healing power of the Mighty Mount Shasta., hike on the most scenic trails of Shasta vicinity, swim in the mountain lakes, admire beautiful McCloud waterfalls, sleep in a comfortable cabin under the bright stars - all good for your body and soul!
OUR "GLAMPING" ALL INCLUSIVE CONCEPT:
UPSCALE LODGING INCLUDED: This 3-day getaway from your everyday errands , a wonderful chance to experience hiking without sacrificing your comforts! If you are a beginner in hiking, but you have already experienced hiking before, this is a right trip for you, where you can relax and recharge!
We will stay at amazing Stewart Mineral Springs Retreat Center in the woods by the river with swimming holes. Rooms with twin beds, made-up bed (sheets, bed linen & towels provided), private facilities and hot shower in each, and a small kitchenette.
ALL MEALS ARE INCLUDED: Catering FULL BOARD will be provided at resort. Vegan/non-vegan options are available. 2 Breakfasts, 2 Takeout Lunches, & 2 Dinners. All meals are made by professional chef from gluten-free, organic and fresh ingredients.
Cuisine: thai, mexican, indian and italian
TRANSPORT TO/FROM EVENT VENUE INCLUDED:
Travel by comfortable mini-van. Pick up/drop off location: SF &Bay area, exact locations to be assigned and confirmed later
- A small or medium-size backpack for day-hikes (approx 20-25L), that can fit your personal items and packed lunch
- Head lamp (it is good to have light when your hands are free)
- Trekking poles – suggested for steep downhill trails
- Water bottle & water canister – we have possibility to get great spring water in river Sacramento head waters park
- Small garbage bags for hiking trails (for your personal trash/leftovers)
- Sunblock (UV 50+) & lip balm
- Personal toiletries : toothpaste, toothbrush etc.
- Mosquito repellent
- Your personal first aid kit (your personal medicines you can’t do without). The guide will have essentials.
- A lightweight mat or a lightweight piece of cloth/blanket/sarong to put it on the ground for your comfort while you are sitting/stretching (it can be also a yoga mat if you’d like, but you should bring it along attached to your backpack on an easy hiking trail to the lake and back, a bit bulky item but will also work)
Hiking /Camping Outfit:
- Good sturdy and comfortable hiking shoes, well-worn before the trip (!) Please don’t bring brand new boots, try them a few times on hiking trails before the trip, to avoid blisters.
- Comfortable tennis shoes (it's good to have a change of shoes)
- Some kind of sandals of flip flops – for non-hiking part of the day or wearing at resort
- Light hiking pants or bermuda-pants (shorts or yoga pants are not very recommended – to prevent sunburns, possible poison oak)
- Light long-sleeved loose shirt (protection from sun, insects)
- A change of t-shirts for hiking (preferably a quick-dry fabric, not cotton)
- Thin fleece jacket / sweater for chilly evenings and mornings
- Some light jacket – could be a windbreaker or thin sleeveless down jacket e.g. Uniqlo (for chilly evenings & mornings)
- Towel (small face towel/quick-dry beach towel if you plan to dip into the lakes and rivers)
- Swim suite
Participant can cancel their trip anytime prior departure with the following penalties:
- Registration deposit is non-refundable after being paid;
- Cancellation 30 to 21 days before departure - up to 50% of the Trip cost
- Cancellation 20 to 0 calendar days before departure – non refundable
Trip cancellation insurance is advisable; it protects all registration deposits and payments for both air and land cost.
~10:00 AM - departure from Bay Area with a quick stop for lunch on the way (not included). Drive 4-5hrs depending on traffic to the trailhead.
~3PM - Reach the trailhead. Start hiking from Castle Lake to Heart Lake
(Distance: ~5.0 miles, Difficulty: Moderate). This trail goes between two lakes, followed by an uphill hike to the viewpoint to see the panoramic view over the lakes, Mt. Shasta, Shastina and other iconic sites of the region.
Time for swimming in Castle Lake or/and Heart Lake.
~6:30PM - Check in at Stewart Mineral springs resort.
7:00PM - Dinner servied at resort.