With castles, palaces, beautiful scenery, historical sights, and cultural treats, this Munich, Salzburg and Vienna tour—with Oberammergau—is sure to delight all of your senses! You’ll stay in Munich, Oberammergau, Salzburg, and Vienna, and you’ll also spend time in Innsbruck and Mondsee.
If you love castles and palaces, you’ll enjoy visiting Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. Built by King Ludwig II, this fairy tale castle offers magnificent views of the Alps and was the inspiration for Walt Disney. Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna offers another treat and glimpse into the life of royalty. Modeled after France’s Palace of Versailles, you’ll receive a private visit and stand in awe as you witness the splendor and hear the stories highlighting the lifestyle of the Habsburgs, the royal family who ruled Vienna for centuries.
Also enjoy a special treat—dinner and a classical music concert here. You’ll also enjoy time in Munich, Germany’s “Secret Capital,” where you’ll visit the lively Marienplatz. Here, observe the famous glockenspiel, which re-creates a 16th-century wedding. In Salzburg, your walking tour includes the magnificent Residenz Square, where some scenes from the Sound of Music movie were filmed, and a visit to Mozart’s birthplace, where you’ll see mementos owned by him, such as his childhood violin. But that’s not all… on this Munich, Salzburg and Vienna tour,
Globus has arranged some out-of-the-ordinary experiences for you. You’ll cruise along the most scenic section of the Danube River, and during the cruise, you’ll savor Kaffee und Kuchen (coffee and cake). In the charming, Bavarian village of Oberammergau, enjoy first-class seats to Oberammergau’s famous Passion Play, held every 10 years. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
UPDATE 3/19/20 & 5/14/20: The Passion Play Committee of Oberammergau has postponed this year's performance until 2022. All those booked with us have the opportunity to go then, which we have arranged for a similar mid-June, 2022 date (as shown above) at the same price.
• Oberammergau Passion Play ticket (premier, best category), staying right in the small village itself! • King Ludwig’s castle, Neuschwanstein • Innsbruck’s Old Town & the Golden Roof • The following UNESCO World Heritage Sites can be seen or visited on this vacation: Historic Centre of the City of Salzburg. Historic Centre of Vienna & Palace and Gardens of Schönbrunn • Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square, and Mozart’s birthplace • The church from The Sound of Music • Danube cruise with Kaffee und Kuchen • Vienna’s Belvedere Palace and Heldenplatz • Private visit of Schönbrunn Palace, followed by a farewell dinner and classical music concert
10 days (8) total number of nights
Munich (2) Sheraton Munich Westpark
Oberammergau (1) Romantik Hotel Boeld
Salzburg (2) Imlauer Hotel Pitter Salzburg
Vienna (3) Intercity Hotel Vienna
Hotel information for 2020 tours featuring Oberammergau will be available in 2019. Listed hotels represent the type (First Class or Superior First Class) and location of the hotels that will be offered in 2020.
Click here for a printer-friendly flyer. Meet your tour host, Mary Beth Kurasek. Tour is operated by the largest travel company in the world, Globus, of Littleton, Colorado & Lugano, Switzerland. All prices are per person, based on occupancy.
Document required for US Citizens is Passport valid through 6 months after the return date of the tour, December 25, 2020; no visa or shots at this time. Other citizens should consult their consulate.
Insurance coverage is an included Deluxe Group Plan from Travel Guard to cover cancellation charges, for coverage details see www.steviejaytravel.com/insurance. Other terms at www.steviejaytravel.com/terms incorporated by reference. Insurance not available to residents of FL and MT; a refund will be made & we can arrange for similar coverage if you wish.
Air fare, hotels and details are subject to change. Air flights & hotels will be arranged in August 2021. Optional tours: Berchtesgaden in the Alps & Bratislava, capital of Slovakia. Single & triple rooms are in short supply because of the Passion Play; we can request either for you or help find you a roommate. Acct#200616s 29Jul18 23:50
If you do not want the included Travel Insurance and Global Assistance, you may apply a NO-INSURANCE discount of $369. When booking apply the discount code of NO-INSURANCE.
If you expect to be able to utilize frequent flier miles or otherwise purchase a ticket separate from the group-rate air fare, you may apply a LAND-ONLY discount of $1500 for the air fare with related taxes and fees. If Frequent Flier space is not available or regular air fares are too high we may be able to accommodate you at the group rate if you advise in time after we block air space in July of 2019. When booking apply the discount code of LAND-ONLY.
If you want neither the insurance nor the air fare, apply the discount code of NO-AIR-INSURANCE and a discount of $1869 applies.
Note that if you arrange air flights separate from the group, you will need to provide and purchase in Europe your own transfers, transportation to and from hotels and airports.
If you are not just getting frequent flier air fare and will provide: your own local departure, air fare, airport-hotel transfers, and insurance, so you only want: Globus' RTO tour with the Munich pre-tour night's stay and the prepaid tips for globus staff and guides, then apply the discount code of TOUR-TIPS-ONLY and then a $2050 discount applies.
You cannot enter multiple discount codes; only the code that applies best to what you want (call or email if you have questions).
No other discounts apply; for example, because of Passion Play Ticket, Globus does not accept 'Welcome Back' credits.
NOTE: if you decide you do not want our air arrangements when we present them to you in August, you may cancel them then without penalty, get a credit on your account and then book your own flights.
• Category 1 Passion Play tickets so you will be sitting in the best, gold section (see seat plan in the photo section at the bottom of this webpage or at the right of page 3 of the print-friendly flier).
• Staying IN Oberammergau, not in a remote location like many tours do.
• Best of the Alps itinerary with multi-night stays in Munich, Salzburg & Vienna.
• Local departure from Central Illinois
• Travel insurance* covers a variety of occurrences like being unable to go due to illness or accident (also including your roommate or a family member).
• Headsets are provided so you don’t miss what the tour guide is saying. Wifi on the Globus motor coach and in most hotel lobbies.
• Also included: all tips, all baggage handling including airlines’ checked baggage fees (where applicable, for 1 bag per person).
Globus: an easy, hassle-free journey
• SIGHTSEEING & VIP access to the must-see sites, behind-the-scenes local experiences, headsets for all sightseeing in most destinations, and free time you can personalize with excursions and activities you can book online.
• TOUR DIRECTORS & LOCAL GUIDES reveal little-known facts and the inside stories behind each destination. 90 years of experience—and taking guests to Oberammergau since 1950.
• MEALS. Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine, beer, or soft drink on our included meals at local restaurants or hotels.
• SUPERIOR HOTELS. Selected for their comfort, beauty, and proximity to key sites, e twin-bedded rooms with private bath or shower (hotel and city taxes, service charges, and tips for baggage handling included).
• TRANSPORTATION. Private, deluxe touring motorcoach with free Wi-Fi, air=conditioning, extra leg room, and emergency restroom.
*Questions about coverage, call Travel Guard toll free 1-866-385-4839 and refer to product number 101060 P1 11/16. California residents: refer to product CA1060 P1 11/16. Not available to residents of FL and MT.
Click the Green Select button to book now for 2022.
The per-person price for Twin or Double passengers is the same. Double rooms (one double bed) may only be made as a request and cannot be guaranteed. Twin rooms (2 beds) is what we currently hold at each hotel and are confirmed immediately on your booking.
Also choose this package, if you are a single and want us to find you a roommate (of the same sex naturally); note that below in the Occupancy section.
Likewise choose this, if your roommate is booking separately, note that below in Occupancy also (along with his/her name in the Notes To Organizer field)..
Otherwise if you want a single room to yourself, click the following Single Room package.
A single room has one single bed and is for one person. At some hotels single rooms may be smaller, less well-located rooms.
Because hotel space is tight for the Oberammergau Passion Play, single rooms are on request and subject to confirmation. If we cannot confirm a single room for you, you will have the option of sharing with another single person or getting a full refund of your deposit.
A Triple room usually has one double and one single bed, or, 3 single beds—the arrangement may vary by hotel and cannot be guaranteed. At some hotels triple rooms may be an ordinary room with a rollaway bed and so space may be cramped. Because hotel availability is tight due to the Oberammergau Passion Play, triple rooms are on request and subject to confirmation. If we cannot confirm a triple room for you, you will have the option of having one in your party sharing with another single person or getting a full refund of your deposit.
Mary Beth Kurasek welcomes you aboard our private motor coach as we travel to Chicago. If the airline charges checked baggage fees, she provides a gift card to pay the airline for that! We board our overnight flight to Munich.