Enjoy a great mix of nature, typical products, and relaxation.
- Measures to protect health: land transport service is not shared with other tourists, it’s offered by specialized companies which respect the strict protocol established by the Government (sanitation of vehicles, use of masks,); boat transport to and from Tortuguero is shared with others tourists and subject to the same protocol that also limits the maximum capacity; tourist activities are not shared with other persons and are carried out avoiding contacts among persons
- Clothing/accessories: don’t forget light clothing which allows transpiration, comfortable shoes, swimsuit, mosquito spray, sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof jacket
- Entry to Costa Rica: no visa is required, only a passport with at least 6 months of validity. Each passenger must present a specific form relating to covid https://salud.go.cr/ and an insurance policy that covers health care (50,000 USD coverage) and hospitalization in case of covid infection (2,000 USD extra coverage). You can get your policy abroad or buy it online from a Costa Rican company https://www.visitcostarica.com/en/costa-rica/planning-your-trip/entry-requirements
- Vaccination: mandatory against yellow fever only if you come from a country mentioned in the list issued by the Costa Rican government (not required in the case of a flight from the US)
- Electricity: 110 volts with 2-pins flat socket
- Currency: the colon (about 560 colones = 1 dollar) and the American dollar (avoid 100 USD denominations), a credit card is widely accepted
- Excellent banking services
- Good public and private hospital service
The prices for 2022 will be updated.
Welcome to Costa Rica! It's time to get in vacation mode and start forgetting the usual day-to-day!