ZELANDIA at night!!!
With the Group - Zealandia Night Tour - The ultimate way to experience New Zealand's rare and amazing wildlife! Join one of our experienced guides on an engaging and informative walk through the picturesque sanctuary to witness the native wildlife that is once again living on the mainland. With everything in ZEALANDIA living wild, our nature-guru guides will use their knowledge of birdsong, habitats, and local flora to track down even the rarest of our unique animals. New Zealand has some of the most unique biodiversity and advanced conservation techniques in the world. Soak up the beautiful scenery while learning more about our unique ecological history. You Might See:
- Kākā | Kākāriki | Takahē | Tuatara | Tīeke/Saddleback | Whitehead | Wētā | Kererū | Hihi | Bellbird
Optional Side trips during the day - Extra Cost
- Ultimate Full Day Movie tour From Wellington - Calling all Lord of the Rings fans who want to explore as many of the trilogy’s filming locations in a day as possible. This tour combines the Valley Movie Set and Wellington Movie Set tours into a full day of exploring filming locations. See where director Peter Jackson and his scouts created sets—of Helms Deep, Rivendell, Minas Tirith, and more—in beautiful locations around New Zealand. The tours combined make one to rule them all. Combine Valley Movie Set and Wellington Movie Set tours into one Value: all entrance fees and lunch is included Pickup and drop-off from a central Wellington location Opt for a Weta Workshop tour (extra cost,) where you see props, a documentary, and studio souvenirs.
- Half-Day Martinborough Winery Tour from Wellington - An hour or so north of Wellington, Martinborough is fast making a name for itself as one of the Southern Hemisphere’s leading wine regions. Each weekend, Wellingtonians make the trek over the Remutakas to escape to this European-style wine village. This small-group tour is a convenient way to visit Martinborough. There’s no need to stress about driving on country backroads, and no need to plan the day’s itinerary - leaving you to focus on the wine and the iconic scenery. Get to know local vintners with a cellar door tasting or a sit-down experience Your guide knows which wineries are worth the visit and when their cellar doors are open Even if you spit during your wine tastings, it’s safest not to drink and drive Don’t stress about logistics: your guide takes care of all cellar door and wine tasting fees.
- Wellington Craft Brewery Half Day Tour - Wellington, long-celebrated for its bohemian liberal arts and cafe culture, is fast-becoming renowned as New Zealand’s capital of craft beer. Visit four Wellington and Hutt Valley breweries, tasting a range of tasty local beers at each establishment on this small-group day tour designed for lovers of ales, stouts, lagers, and everything hoppy in-between. Beer tastings at Kereru, Boneface Brewery, Baylands Brewery, and The Third Eye Enjoy exclusive brewery tours and passionate discussions with the brewers. Driver shares stories about Wellington and points out sites as you transit Pre-arranged pick-up and drop-off from Wellington ports and hotels available.
- Food Tour of Wellington - Discover the ultimate Walking Tour of New Zealand’s capital city, Wellington, and experience the unique food and drink explosion that has made Wellington the trendiest little capital in the world.
This is one of the most interesting and memorable food tours you will have to opportunity to join that will take you on an amazing adventure around Wellington where you will explore the hidden gems and eat and drink the magic of local taste sensations.
You will also see the sights and learn about the history of this stunning New Zealand capital, Wellington, that has grown into the amazing city it is.
The Odyssey’s morning walking tour lasts approximately 3 and a half hours.
- Matiu Somes Eco Trek - Discover Wellington’s extraordinary natural features and contrasts. On this small-group tour you will take a 20-minute ferry trip from central Wellington, to land on Matiu Somes Island in the middle of Wellington harbor. There you will explore the island and wildlife sanctuary. As the name suggests Matiu Somes Island has a rich Maori and European history, sometimes colorful and sometimes tragic. The lighthouse on the island today dates pre-1900, it continues to guide and welcome sea-borne travelers into the safety of Wellington Harbour. The island was fortified with heavy anti-aircraft gun emplacements on the summit of the island during WWII. Once a traditional pa site of Te Whanganui-a-Tara Maori, the island became a quarantine station, an internment camp, and a military defense position, it now seeks to protect and preserve New Zealand native flora and fauna. On the Island, your guide will escort you as you circle the island on foot. Somes is now home to rare native birds including North Island robins, fluttering headwaters, and kakariki, a colony of little blue penguins and 6 species of native reptiles including the mysterious Tuatara. Your guide will bring the history alive and help you find these shy wild creatures.