Join Souljourn Yoga Foundation (http://souljournyoga.com) and Alma Retreats (http://www.myalmaretreats.com/) down in Nicaragua for a week of sweet sandy beaches, seva, inspired jewelry making with Elizabeth Vallenilla (http://elizabethvallenilla.com) and invigorating yoga all in the spirit of supporting the Girls Home (http://thegirlshome.com/) an organization that supports and houses girls who have been deemed “social orphans” due to distinctive circumstances and provide education, shelter, and care.
Our adventure will take place from February 4-10 and will not only be yoga retreat, but a journey of giving back to girls’ education with daily yoga and “making meditation” jewelry workshops. We begin our retreat with 3 nights of surf side lodging in San Juan Del Sur. The second portion of the trip will include 3 nights tucked into teepees and two opportunities to meet with the girls of the Girls Home, which will include a beading workshop and a playful yoga practice. Our trip will culminate on the back of a pick up truck journeying through coffee country.
- Transportation to/from MGA airport
- 3 nights accommodation at Seven Arrows Surf Lodge, Playa Maderas http://www.sevenarrowsurf.com
- 3 nights accommodation at HabitArte Yoga Sanctuary
- 1-2 yoga classes a day
- 3 jewelry workshops (all materials and tools will be provided)
- 3 meals per day starting with dinner on February 4th and ending with breakfast on February 10th (pescatarian, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options available)
- Transportation to the highlands/coffee country in Miraflor
- Guided hike through coffee country
- $300 tax-deductible donation to the Girls Home
- Donation towards the Mobile Library Bus Project, "El Libro Volador" http://bibliobusmiraflor.wix.com/ellibrovolador#
- Round-trip Airfare: to Augusto C. Sandino International Airport, Managua, Nicaragua (MGA)
- Additional activities including massage, energy work, surf lessons, board rentals, horseback riding, catamaran ride out to sea, stand-up paddle boarding