Experience the spirit, soul and culinary scene of the Queen City! Discover Charlotte, a place where movers and shakers break barriers and celebrate milestones, Charlotte’s black community contributes to the soul of the city and reinforces the character and strength that is the Queen City. Get ready to indulge in diverse dining experiences found throughout Charlotte's culinary scene.
Discover the unique black heritage in the twin city of Winston-Salem! Experience bridging the past with the present by exploring more than 250 years of deeply rooted African American heritage through exciting attractions, heritage neighborhoods, HBCU’s and vibrant world class art galleries and performing arts. You'll enjoy delicious southern cuisine and winery experience.
Welcome to Durham where black heritage has transformed into pathways of possibility as exemplary minds contemplate and build new legacies and Durham's culinary scene delivers delicious dining options to explore.
The seeds of equality and justice that were planted here long ago have blossomed into a community of Black-owned restaurants, businesses, and startups, with many at the cutting edge of their industries. You will have the opportunity to meet and engage with some memorable people who live and thrive in the community today!
A. Payment Requirement
· A deposit of $200 is due at the time of booking.
· Final payment is due 60 days prior to beginning of the tour.
(a) If this balance is not paid on or before the due date, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled and any cancellation charges outlined (Cancellation by You) will apply.
B. Cancellation Policy
Cancellation by you
· Cancelling some or all portions of your booking will set the cancellation terms set out below.
· A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation that you have sent to your relevant sales representative of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip:
· Your $200 deposit is fully refundable up to 60 days prior to the start of tour, less a $50 cancellation fee.
· 59-31 days or more prior to departure, your $200 deposit amount is non-refundable.
· Between 30 and 15 days prior to departure, we charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booking cost.
· 14 days or fewer prior to departure, we charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the total booking cost.
· No refunds will be issued for leaving the tour for any reason after it has commenced.
· No refunds will be issued for No Shows.
· Note: You are strongly advised to take out travel and cancellation insurance at the time of booking.
Cancellation by CHAT
· Our trips are guaranteed to depart once they have one fully paid customer unless minimum group size specifically states otherwise (which is stated in the trip page or on our website) and subject to reasonable itinerary changes as described in these Booking Conditions.
· If we cancel your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or receive a refund, unless your trip is cancelled due to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
Cancellation due to Force Majeure
If a trip is cancelled due to a Force Majeure Event, we can offer you a choice of:
- a 100% credit of monies paid for your trip: or
- a refund minus unrecoverable costs. Unrecoverable costs may include, but not limited to hotel costs or cancellation penalties, pre-paid food & beverage, pre-paid tours, activities and transportation.
If the cancellation due to a Force Majeure Event occurs after a trip has commenced, we can offer you a choice of a pro-rata:
-100% credit for the days that remain on your trip: or refund minus unrecoverable costs of the days that remain on your trip. (See above)
A “Force Majeure Event” includes but is not limited to: acts of God; war; civil commotion; riot; blockade or embargo; fire; explosion; breakdown; union dispute; earthquake; epidemic, pandemic or other health emergency; flood; hurricane; windstorm or other extreme weather event; lack or failure of courses of supply; passage of any law, order, proclamation, regulation, ordinance, demand, requisition or requirement or any other act of any government authority, beyond the reasonable control of the parties, whether or not foreseeable, which would make it dangerous or not viable for a trip to commence or continue.
In the event of any cancellation, there will be no claim for damages by either party against the other and we are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred because of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
B. Masks Policy
· Face masks are optional on our buses and while touring outdoors and indoors unless required by our third-party partner. A COVID-19 liability waiver is required to be signed by all tour participants prior to tour date. A link to the electronic waiver will be shared prior to the start of the tour.
· Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking tours which occur outdoors. Please plan and pack attire appropriate for tours, events, and meals outlined in itinerary provided.
After the orientation, head out and explore Charlotte on your own and indulge in a variety of delicious culinary offerings. We will provide a list of some of our favorite restaurants, optional sights to see, and things to do.