Chennai is called 'Cultural Capital of India'. Within, Chennai, Mylapore is a cultural happening place. Mylapore has a special significance because it remains as a heritage centre of Chennai. Its cultural past dates back to more than 1000 yrs old. One can see a immense level of cultural heritage in every walk of the place. It is the hub of classical music, Art, literature, Dance and great values of life.
You can imagine, how it will be for you to walk on the streets virtually on a video call with a curator covering live from Mylapore.
What will you get to know?
- Overview of 2000+ years historical place called Mylapore, a village once upon a time, then a Port town, now part of Chennai City in India
- Talking about some fundamentals of Hinduism
- Walking on the streets of Mylapore, talking about the place,
- Standing in front of the most popular, 1000+ years old Hindu temple - Kapaleeshwarar Temple, its Tower and walk around the temple
- Short story of St. Thomas, one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus
- Cultural practices of people, lighting lamp, dance, music, Kolam, Festivals, Temple Tank, Food, Floral Garlands, Chariot procession, Ethnic Dress, etc.
Promo Video Link