Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Qigong & Lower Arm/Leg Anatomy (60 hours)
Qigong is a branch of Chinese medicine, just like acupuncture and herbal medicine. From the Chinese medical perspective, all illnesses is ultimately due to a disharmony of yin and yang.
This disharmony can manifest in countless ways, like depression, cancer, hypertension, etc.
The body is intelligent, and it will naturally guide the energy wherever it needs to go, just like it will naturally heal a cut. We don’t have to do anything except get the energy flowing, and then allow it to flow.
Learn how to incorporate qigong into your Yin Yoga practice with our one and only Qigong module for 2021-2022.
CURRICULUM (60 hours)
Martial, Spiritual & Medical Qigong (with guest instructor)
· Develop a Personal Qigong Practice
· Cultivating & Regulating Life Energy
· History & Philosophy of Qigong
· How to Balance & Harmonize Emotions
· Ancient & Progressive Breathing Practices
· Five Categories of Taoist Meditation
· Subtle Anatomy: Meridians, Chakras, & Dantian
· Qigong to Develop Functional Strength, Power, and Flexibility
· The Healer’s Approach: Thought, Vision, & Touch
· Cultivating Your Voice & Intention
· The Role of a Teacher
· Adjustments, Energetics, & Alignments of Postures
· The Power of Ritual
· Developing Intuition
· Circulation of Light (Microcosmic Orbit)
· Qigong in Your Daily Life
· Honoring Tradition and Your Authentic Self
· The intersection of Qigong & Yin Yoga
Yin Yoga (with Jo Phee)
· Yin Yoga: Theory and Practice
· The Classic Yin Poses
· Variations for Different Skeletons
· Prop Usage and Modifications
· Safety in Yin Yoga
· The 4-Parts Of A Yin Pose
· The 3-Parts Of A Yin Class
· The Energy Curve Of A Yin Class
· How To Teach Functional Yin Yoga
· Creative Yin Sequences
· Exploring Yin Themes
· Teaching Methodology
· Teaching Considerations
· The Role Of A Teacher
Anatomy of Lower Leg/Arm (with Jo Phee)
· Anatomy & Physiology
· Biomechanics of Movement
· Common Pathologies & Treatments
· Skeletal Variations
· What is Hypermobility
· Hyperextension Of Elbows and Knees
· Functional Anatomy Lab
· Analysis of Yin Yoga Poses
· Adaptation of Poses for Different Skeletons
Cancellation clause: No refund.
Full Payment by credit card (international) or bank transfer (if you have a USD bank account in USA). Students bear any additional credit charge or bank transfer charge, if applicable or imposed by your card/bank merchant, in addition to the tuition fee.
Jo Phee is the creator of AcuYin, MyoYin, Meridian Nidra and the world’s first 1000 hours Diploma in Yin Yoga.
Known as a teacher’s teacher, Jo is the Senior Lead Assistant of Yin Yoga founder Paul Grilley since 2009. Dubbed as the "Queen of Props" in yin yoga, Jo specialises in teaching Chinese Medicine, Functional Anatomy and Fascia Science. She is also credited as the first yin teacher to introduce a comprehensive Upper Body Yin Yoga sequence to the mass public.
Jo has taught more than 10,000 public yin classes and conducted over 100 yin teacher trainings all over the world. With an accumulation of 800 hours cadaver dissection lab experience, Jo has studied up to 80 cadaver specimens to-date. She has trained thousands of yin yoga teachers around the world and her Yinspiration yin trainings continue to serve as the blueprint curriculum for yin trainers worldwide.
Live Zoom session with Jo Phee. No recordings will be provided. Choose Either timeslot for attendance.
(Session 1: all students in Africa, Middle East, Asia, AUS/NZ )
9am Cape Town
(Session 2: all students in Canada, USA & Europe)
7am Los Angeles