Ronda – Sevilla - Cordoba – Granada
We’ve teamed up with local Spanish Muslim and expert guide Yasin to design your experience in Andalucia. On this trip you’ll learn about how Islam and Muslims first entered Spain almost 1400 years ago, and the impact this has on Spanish and wider European society today.
You’ll travel through beautiful mountainous scenery with hills dotted with olive groves, discover the hidden meanings in Moorish architecture and meet the local Spanish Muslim community reviving the Islamic heritage of Spain.
What you'll experience
Departure 1: Monday 13th Feb - Sunday 19th Feb 2023
Departure 2: Sunday 28th May - Saturday 3rd June 2023 (Early Bird tickets available!)
Please familiarise yourself with the Ts&Cs below. It's very important that you have read these before booking your flights, to give yourself the best preparation and protection.
1. A £60 deposit is required to confirm your booking. The deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
2. Full payment is required no later than 8 weeks before your trip departure.
3. Once you have made your full payment it is non-refundable and non-transferable. You may sell your space to somebody else should you find you are no longer able to travel.
4. Cancellations less than 10 weeks before trip departure are liable to incur costs. Should you anticipate challenges travelling, please give us as much notice as possible.
5. We strongly recommend you buy travel insurance as soon as making your booking, to protect yourself in case unforeseen circumstances arise and you are no longer able to travel. This should include medical cover and cancellation protection in the event of covid, flight cancellations, illness etc.
6. Entry requirements: It is incumbent upon each traveller to familiarise themselves with the entry requirements to the country they are visiting. This includes visas and covid testing status.
7. The itinerary is a suggested outline of the route we will take and the activities that we'll experience. We will keep it flexible and make changes in the event the weather, or road conditions mean we need to adjust our plans. The same goes for our activity coordinators - in the event they are unwell or unable to attend due to a private emergency, don't worry; we'll arrange a suitable alternative.
8. All guests are screened following booking. Should you not pass the screening process, your deposit will be refunded.
9. You will receive details of the accommodations you'll be hosted at in your welcome pack, after booking. We expect you to research the accommodations in advance so that you know what to expect on the trip, particularly if you are opting for a shared room.
10. Once you are on the trip, there are no refunds, partial refunds or credit refunds.
11. Should your flight be cancelled, it is incumbent upon you to book a suitable alternative. If you do not attend the trip this will be classed as a no-show, and no refunds will be given. (This is where your travel insurance recommended in clause 5 will come in handy!).
You will share a wonderful room with another traveller.
Welcome to Andalucia!
We'll pick you up from the airport between 10:00 am - midday, and begin the drive to Cordoba. We'll get there around lunchtime when you can enjoy a little free time exploring the old city streets and have lunch. We can arrange a Spanish paella for you in a halal restaurant (€15) or opt for your own location and meal of choice.
After lunch, you'll explore The Great Mosque of Cordoba, the Bridge of Musa ibn Nusayr, and Calahorra Tower. You'll have some free time to explore in the old quarters and shop, before we'll take you to the hotel to rest and freshen up.
Tonight we have a very special experience for you - dinner in the countryside at a farm run by local Muslims (€15). You'll have the chance to meet local Muslims and learn more life in southern Spain.
Overnight in Cordoba.