*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the May 2020 retreat has been pushed back to October 2020*
Return to yourSelf this Spring with Jerry Givens for a weekend of yoga, meditation, deep inquiry, and rejuvenation at the Land of Medicine Buddha located deep in the redwoods of the Santa Cruz mountains. Explore the relationship and balance between your daily, ego, thinking-mind and Self-energy or higher consciousness. We'll look at your mind from both a classical yogic perspective and through the Internal Family Systems model of psychotherapy (IFS). This weekend will give you opportunities to contemplate who you really are, what you need in your life, and how you can better support yourSelf.
This retreat will be supported by guest teacher Sandy Huynh, A-MFT.
While here, you will be nourished by:
- healthy vegetarian meals
- guided meditations
- yoga classes
- Yoga Nidra sessions
- deep conversation about the connection with your truest Self with Jerry and guest teacher Sandy Huynh.
You'll also have time to both rest and explore, including miles of hiking trails, shrines, and self-led meditation walks around the property and surrounding area.
Spa services are also available for optional additional self-care. Set your worries aside and connect with yourSelf for this deep and nourishing weekend!
What to bring:
1. Yoga Mat
2. Props that you may need (blocks, bolster, strap, sweat towel)
3. Shoes for Hiking/walking (we're in the woods, plan accordingly)
4. Water bottle
6. Bathing suit (for the sauna)
7. Earplugs (if you're sensitive to ambient sound)
8. Your open heart <3 and mind :)
Friday - 4-6pm Arrival, 6pm Dinner, 7-10pm Welcome Session & Nidra
Saturday - AM Session, Afternoon Session, Evening Session (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Sunday - AM Closing Session (Breakfast, Lunch)
- Yoga Practices
- Guided Meditations
- Yoga Nidra Sessions
- Yoga Psychology Talk with Sandy Huynh, A-MFT
- Delicious Vegetarian Meals
- Lodging (Shared, Double, or Single Rooms)
- Free time to explore, relax, and renew
- Miles of hiking trails
- Transportation to LMB (carpooling encouraged)
- Spa services
Land of Medicine Buddha is an environmentally conscious meditation and retreat center. Their campus is located on 108 acres of coastal foothills and stands adjacent to 10,000 acres of redwood forest preserved by the State of California. They are tucked away from the bustle of local beach towns, yet easy to reach.
The most important guideline there is mindfulness – We ask all guests to be mindful of their actions of body and speech and to be aware that other people share this space, the toilets, the dining room etc. To help facilitate mindfulness we ask that people coming to Land of Medicine Buddha observe these five precepts:
1. No killing (this includes all insects)
2. No lying
3. No stealing (borrowing without asking permission)
4. No sexual misconduct (any sexual activity that will cause suffering to another being)
5. No intoxicants (includes alcohol, drugs and smoking cigarettes)
CANCELATION POLICY. Registrants who cancel 90+ days from the departure date will receive a 100% refund minus the non-refundable $300 deposit. Registrants who cancel between 30-89 days of the departure date will receive a 50% refund minus the non-refundable deposit. Registrants who cancel between 0-29 days of the departure date will receive no refund of any kind.
Shared: 3-5 people in one room with a shared bathroom - Save $30 by signing up by 2/29/20 *price is per person
Double: Two people in one room with a shared bathroom - Save $30 by signing up by 2/29/20
*price is per person
Single: One-person private room with private bathroom - Save $30 by signing up by 2/29/20
Arrival - 4-6pm | Feel free to arrive between 4-6pm to settle in and explore the land
Dinner - 6pm
Session 1 - 7-10pm | Our first session will include an opening circle, group discussion, light movement, and yoga nidra.