Climbing the rocky summit of Rucu Pichincha (4.696 m / 15,407 ft) is a wonderful tour out of Quito for getting first high-altitude experience or as preparation for the higher summits. This beautiful summit is overlooking Quito and already the ride up with the TeleferiQo to the trail head (Quito's cable car) is an exciting activity. The hike to the summit is in general straight forward, there is a small scrambling section towards the summit at the very top. Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Technically the climb is not very difficult, nevertheless good fitness is required and some previous experience highly recommended.
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climb, we recommend at least having stayed a day in the city before climbing it.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on firstname.lastname@example.org or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 6 climbers
- transportation in private vehicle from / to Quito
- cable car
- meals as specified (lunch box)
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (helmet etc.)
- boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
You are an individual climber and want to book a private tour / guide.
You are booking as a group of 2 people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
You are booking as a group of 3 or more people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber or group of 2, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
APPROXIMATE TIMES (subject to change according to opening hours etc.):
Start at approx. 8 am, drive to the parking area at Quito's cable car (TeleferiQo), ride up to Cruz Loma (4000 m / 13120 ft) and at approx. 9 am start of the hike up to the summit of RUCU PICHINCHA (4.696 m / 15,407 ft).
During the hike we enjoy wonderful views of the avenue of the volcanos with its snow caped summits and also the impressive city of Quito. The hike to the summit takes about 3 hours and the descend 2 hours. Afterwards we head back to our accommodation.
tech. data: ↑ ↓ 770 m / 2520 ft | ↔ 10,3 km / 6.4 mi
catering: - / LB / -