Journey to Costa Rica to say ADIOS to 2018 and say HOLA to 2019!
Experience living in one of the worlds Blue Zones where the happiest and healthiest people live.
Our location is the stunning, AHKí a truly sacred space -- built specifically according to the ancient science of Vastu Shastra, "the yoga of space", invoking peace, wellness and harmony. AHKí is an intimate yet spacious retreat destination nestled amongst 5.5 mountain acres and only minutes away from beaches, kayaking, surfing, zip-lining, nature hikes, shopping, restaurants and more.
The pure, simple life is more than a saying it is a way of being.
Where your Soul can Breathe...
Your spirit lives here!
This retreat invites you to unplug from your responsibilities, from your electronics and recall what is really important to you.
You will get plenty of time for introspection--so you can reset, recalibrate and rejuvenate.
Commit to healthy eating.
Deepen your yoga and mindfulness practices.
Embody rituals to support your wellness wishes
Connect with nature, the lush landscape will inspire you with it's sacred beauty.
Evaluate current patterns + routines.
Meet other spiritual seekers.
A taste of living life with intentionality
• 7 nights of exquisite accommodation at AHKí retreat center
• 3 daily meals with on-going coffee/tea and fruit. Plus a dinner out on the town
• New Years Eve Bonfire on the beach + Champagne Toast
• Chef Daniela's signature cooking lesson
• Daily yoga, includes use of yoga mats + props
• Time to float in the spectacular salt-water infinity pool
• Curl up with a book in the cozy library
• All transportation to the beach and excursions
• All transportation to and from Liberia airport
• A retreat present from Danae
• Feeling rested + revitalized
• Remembering what is meaningful in your life
• Discovering how small rituals practiced with consistency create massive shifts
• With clarity on how to develop + implement healthier habits
• With a deeper sense of how to integrate yoga + meditation into your daily rhythm
• With tools to support your re-entry home
• Connected to fellow spiritual travelers
Each morning we will greet the day with mantra, meditation and pranayama.
Fortify with breakfast.
A chat on Ayurveda + Oils with journaling, a 2 hour yoga practice follows.
Each afternoon you have time + space for exploring, horseback riding, surfing, you can even paddle down the Rio Nosara through the mangroves, book a massage or any other self-care treatment.
Or simply BE.
Restorative Yoga right before dinner--buen provecho.
The open air studio offers breathtaking views, warm breezes, and inviting ambiance. The 750 sq. ft. features a teak-wood floor (with planetary gemstones intentionally installed beneath to connect the above to the below) offers a forgiving surface for all kinds of bodies and practices.
AHKí serves up fresh (organic, when available) vegan/vegetarian, gluten/dairy-free meals made from scratch. Yogurt, milk, butter and locally baked breads are available for those not avoiding gluten or dairy. Meals are carefully planned to be climate appropriate and you will never feel weighed down from food that’s too heavy, but you will leave the table satiated.
Chicken or fish is available at a slight, additional cost.
Wine by the glass or beer available at an additional cost.
All meals are served in the lovely open air dining room, with a grand vista of the gardens, pool, mountains and sea.
Thursday evening we'll have dinner off-site (my treat)!
Experience one of Chef Daniela's popular cooking classes (included) during the retreat!
Infused with simple elegance and just a short walk down from the main house.
All rooms have ceiling fans, large windows and doors, as well as plenty of overhead ventilation for optimal airflow. All rooms have private baths with large unique and luxurious indoor/outdoor showers, and patios and decks that command stellar views of the mountains and valleys.
The heads of all the beds are positioned to the south or east, in keeping with a Vastu principle that this helps to induce a restful night’s sleep.
Private bathrooms with large, unique, indoor/outdoor hot water showers and amenities of the highest standards are provided to enhance your experience of comfort and peace.
Access to the on-site extravagant spa for holistic/healing treatments by very accomplished practitioners from around the world.
Some examples include:
• Thai Yoga Therapy: $140 - $155
• Energy/Chakra Balancing: $85 - $100
• Deep Body Massage: $115 - $155
• EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique): $35 - $65
• Water Therapy: $125
• Facials: $120
• Reflexology: $125 - $155
• Cranio-Sacral Therapy: $125 - $155
• Aromatherapy Rebalancing Massage: $125 - $155
• Astrological Reading - $150
***(All pricing subject to change - cash only accepted)***
An abundance of excursions to choose from.
Some examples for the more adventurous include:
• Horseback Riding: $45-65
• 1 hour Kayaking: $75
• 3 hours Mangrove SUP boarding tour/lesson: $65 - 2.5 hours
• Ocean SUP boarding tour: $75
• Miss Sky Canopy Tour (zip lining): $75 - 3.5 - 4 hours
• Surfing: $50 - 90 min group lesson / $70 - 90 min private lesson
• Wildlife Hike (November & December) : $75 - 3 hours
• ATV/Quad Tours: $75 4-5 hours (minimum 3pp)
Book your flight to Liberia International Airport (LIB).
Plan to arrive before 3pm on Saturday December 29.
Fly into Liberia (LIB) for most direct way to reach AHKí .
Go through immigration + customs and then retrieve your luggage.
A driver from AHKí will be waiting for you to take you to the retreat centre, which is about a two hour drive. Pack a snack.
Plan to fly out of Liberia International Airport after 12noon on departure Saturday January 5.
NOTE: If you wish to explore Costa Rica prior to the retreat start date, reach out so I may advise you.
It is your responsibility to read and understand the cancellation policy before making a reservation. Naturally, no one books with the intention of cancelling, but unexpected things do happen, so it is suggested you purchase travel insurance once you have made your reservation.
A non-refundable $501 deposit reserves your space in the retreat. The full amount is due by October 15, 2018. If you sign up after October 15, 2018 (pending availability) the full amount is due at the time of registration to secure your spot.
Exceptions cannot be made for any reason: including weather, injury/ illness, or personal emergencies.
Las Delicias is the local elementary school in the area.
Please consider traveling with a small amount of school supplies for the children to use for the upcoming school year.
• 100% of AHKí's electric consumption is generated using on-site photovoltaic solar panels.
• AHKí uses all-natural, biodegradable cleaning products
• AHKí provides 100% locally produced, organic hand soap, body wash and shampoo - refillable dispensers in every bath
• AHKí recycles 75% of waste
• AHKí uses bamboo straws
• AHKí uses recycled plastic and paper products when possible
• AHKí hires and trains 100% of our staff from the surrounding area
• All cabinas are amply and naturally ventilated, without the need for A/C
• All hot water is provided via U.S. style, on-demand heaters for reliable, safe, environmentally friendly hot water.
• AHKí composts all organic kitchen waste for future gardening
• AHKí includes native plants that provide food and shelter for the local animal population
Each room has a private bath with a large unique, indoor/outdoor, hot water shower, and patios & decks that command stellar views of the mountains and valleys.
Enjoy a king size bed with a private bath with a large unique, indoor/outdoor, hot water shower, and patios & decks that command stellar views of the mountains and valleys.