Join San Francisco-based yoga teacher and former professional sailor, Peter Walters on luxury wooden sailing yachts, cruising the Mediterranean Sea, drinking in all of what the South Eastern Greek Islands have to offer.
Ever dreamed of cruising around the islands of Greece... while also practicing yoga? And eating amazing food? Exploring and hiking?Living on a cozy, sailing ship with new and old friends? Well, if you answered yes to all these questions, then boy do I have a trip for you!
You can expect twice daily yoga practice with amazing views, island hoping, jumping in the ocean, hikes, Greek culture, healthy Mediterranean food and so much more. You'll be immersed (and amazed) by the oceans' kind embrace and gentle rock.
The southern part of the Dodecanese, from Rhodes to Kos has a tremendous variety of beautiful experiences and scenery. The volcanic isle of Nisyros, the cultural impressions of Kos, the picturesque houses in Symi, and the diverse cultures on the island of Rhodes.
In between our yoga sessions we'll explore the islands, go on hikes, visit historic sites and eat the best Mediterranean food. This is truly an adventure of a lifetime.
*DISCLAIMER: You will be living aboard a ~100 foot sailboat for a week with 15-25+ other people. Quarters are cozy, and you won't have a lot of personal space. While this boat and the experience will indeed be luxurious, life at sea and living on boats can be challenging for some people and personalities. Just keep that in mind and be honest with yourself for how you might do in this type of environment. You can't really just go for a walk to be alone... It requires patience, kindness, compromise, surrender, and a willingness to open up a bit and really be part of this group. Does this sound like a good fit for you? Are you ready?
**ITINERARY: The this is a sample and subject to change based on timing, weather, and captain's recommendation.
* After getting up, enjoy a herbal tea or a cup of hot water with fresh lemons and ginger.
* Every morning yoga takes place for 90 minutes from about 07.00 - 08.30.
* 09.00-10.30 you can expect an extensive brunch - breakfast in the Mediterranean style.
* At lunchtime there are delicious fruit from the region. At 4pm is Tea Time with biscuits and biscuits.
* Depending on weather conditions, sailing twice a week from 11am to 4pm. The participants are welcome to help with the sailing, the team is happy about it.
* The exceptional atmosphere invites you to swim, sunbathe and relax.
* In the evening, from about 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm, yoga will be practiced for 90 minutes. (The times vary depending on the season).
After the yoga around 20.00 we serve you a sumptuous dinner with traditional dishes.
* Finish the day with a view of the starry sky. The sundeck agrees best to this.
* To reserve your spot on this retreat, please make a $500.00 deposit depending on your room selection. The deposit is completely non-refundable. However, should you cancel your reservation 90 days or more before the retreat starts, you may apply your deposit toward another week long retreat I host occurring within 12 months from the date of the initial retreat that you registered for.
FULL PAYMENT (due within 60 days of retreat - August 13th)
When you reserve, you may either pay in full or just pay the deposit. Upon receipt of your payment we will send you a confirmation of your deposit. Full payment is due 60 days prior to the start date of the yoga retreat.
We understand that unforeseen circumstances can occur. Deposits are non-refundable. If we are able to fill your space within 90 days of the retreat we will gladly reimburse you, less your deposit and any fees we cannot recover. However, if we cannot fill your space in a reasonable amount of time, no refunds can be given. We always recommend the purchase of travel insurance just to be safe.
This is a cabin with one double bed, shower, WC and AC. This is ideal for two friends/partners who don't mind sharing a double bed.
*Only sign up for this option with a friend or partner, or if you're absolutely cool sharing a bed with a stranger of the same sex.
*Remember, you are on a sailboat, so don't expect a giant hotel suite!
This is you solo in a cabin, you lucky duck! Room has shower, WC and AC.
Flight to Kos and an individual transfer to the port. Greeting by Peter and the crew Arrival begins at 4pm, followed by dinner aboard the boat .