JOIN A TRIP OF A LIFETIME:
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu was rated in the list of the best hikes in the world by National Geographic traveller. This epic trek includes a portion of the historic Inca Trail, but gives a unique opportunity to hike without crowds and enjoy the Andean wilderness
This trek rewards you with variety of stunning mountain landscapes, glaciers and lakes, cascades, wildlife and tropical cloud-forest. We will follow the Inca steps through the ancient archeological sites.
- See the sunrise at the Lost City of Machu Picchu
- Visit the most significant Inca temples and ruins in Cusco and Sacred Valley
- A day-hIke to astonishing natural wonder - RAINBOW MOUNTAIN. Away from the beaten path and hard to reach, Rainbow mountain was ranked by National geographic as one of the 100 unique places on Earth!
- Travel in our small group up to 12 hiking fellows assisted by professional Peruvian team-leader and mountain guide, porters and professional chef.
- Our trip will be organized in the PREMIUM category, it means that we will be traveling as a PRIVATE GROUP without mixing up with others. We will have our personal reserved camping locations, with the best views and facilities. Our porters will carry our personal luggage and set up the campsites for us. We will have the best delicious food cooked from scratch by professional local chef.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS:
Salkantay trek is a moderate difficulty with some challenging parts.
Previous hiking/camping experience and being in a good physical shape is required from all participants. You must be able to walk ~12-14mi/day at the high altitude up/downhill and keep up with the group.
You don't need professional climbing skills. No glacier/snow hiking planned.
Kids 12+ are allowed for this hike assisted by their parents.
Total hiking days: 3 days Salkantay trek + 1 day Rainbow Mt hike (day-hike from Cusco)
Walking Distance (Salkantay trek): 47km (31miles)
Elevation on arrival to Cusco: 3399m (11000")
Elevation at the Salkantay trailhead: 3400m (11000')
Salkantay Pass: 4650m (15255')
Rainbow Mt: 5020 m (16470")
Lodging on a trek: 1 night in the huts with sky roof, 1 night in tents (double sharing)
Assistance: Mountain guide, assistants/porters
Meals: All included on trek (meals cooked by chef)
Camping gear: tents, mats, kitchen, dishes are provided and carried by porters as well as your personal luggage up to 7kg/14lbs
You carry: only your light personal day-pack with essentials for the day hike (water, extra layer, sunscreen, snack, photo-camera..)
Gear you can rent: sleeping bags, mattress, trekking poles
How to REGISTER:
$800 non-refundable deposit for each traveler is required to keep your spot in a group
Trip price is based on double-sharing accommodations in hotels and camping tents
Single accommodation is possible on request, with extra-charge $320
SIGNATURE CAMPING , DELUXE COMFORT AND EXTRA-BENEFITS INCLUDED:
- We provide personal equipment to each trekker at no additional cost: a duffel bag (for luggage), rain poncho, basic mat, insulated pillow, daypack cover protection, small hand towel & sanitizer.
- Clean drinking water at each campsite will be provided for your bottle/hydration pack
- Porters carry up to 7kg/14lbs of your personal belongings (duffel bag)
- First night on a trek travelers stay at our privately owned campground in dbl sharing huts with sky roof, that is a significant highlight on a trek!
- Second night travelers stay in tents. Our tents are spacious, clean and of high quality. Eureka Timberline 4 person tents will be provided for 2 persons sharing.
- Best dining experience. Delicious meals. Plenty of homemade hot food cooked every time from scratch by our chef. We don't use preserved or dry food. We also cater for vegetarians and gluten-free.
- We stay overnight at privately owned campgrounds separately from other hiking groups. Our campsites are clean and stay away from noise. We have private toilets there. No need to wait in line with other hikers (public toilets are normally badly maintained and far away from campsites).
Arrival to Lima from United States (approx. 1PM) Take an ongoing domestic flight to Cusco in the late afternoon. On arrival to Cusco meet at airport with our local english-speaking representative and drive to hotel in the Old Town.
Altitude of Cusco: 11200" /3400m