JOIN A TRIP OF A LIFETIME:
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu was rated in the list of the best hikes in the world by National Geographic traveller. This epic trek includes a portion of the historic Inca Trail, but gives a unique opportunity to hike without crowds and enjoy the wilderness
- This trek rewards you with stunning Andean landscapes, glaciers and lakes, cascades, wildlife and tropical cloud-forest. We will follow the Inca steps through the ancient archeological sites and pass vibrant local villages along the way!
- We will admire the Lost City of Machu Picchu at Sunrise and have a plenty of time to explore the archeological site.
- We are planning to visit the most significant Inca temples and ruins in Cusco and Sacred Valley
- Additional option: a day hike to astonishing natural wonder - RAINBOW MOUNTAIN. Away from the beaten path and hard to reach, Rainbow mountain was ranked by National geographic as one of the 100 unique places on Earth!
- Travel in our small group up to 12 hiking fellows assisted by professional Peruvian team-leader and mountain guide, porters and professional chef.
- Our trip will be organized in the PREMIUM category, it means that we will be traveling as a PRIVATE GROUP without mixing up with others. We will have our personal reserved camping locations, with the best views and facilities. Our porters will carry our personal luggage and set up the campsites for us. We will have the best delicious food cooked from scratch by professional local chef.
Number of days: 8 days /7 nights (including Salkantay Trek 3d/2n)
Walking Distance: 47km (31miles)
Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging
Elevation of Cusco (city of arrival): 3399m (11000")
Elevation at the trailhead start: 3400m (11000')
Highest elevation (Salkantay Pass): 4650m (15255')
Accommodation: 2 nights in tents, 5 nights in standard hotels
Assistance: Professional local team of mountain guide and porters
Meals: All included on trek (meals cooked by chef) / breakfasts in hotels
Who carries our camping gear: Porters (your personal luggage up to 7kg/14lbs can be carried by porter as well).
What you carry: only your personal day-pack with essentials for the day hike (water, extra layer, sunscreen, snack, camera)
$600 non-refundable deposit for each traveler is required to lock your spot in a group
Trip price is based on double-sharing accommodations in hotels and camping tents
- We travel in a small group max 15 like-minded travelers
- When trekking, we stay overnight at the separate campgrounds, not together with many other groups. Our campsites are clean and away from noise, on the private lands of the locals. Secondly, we have private toilents. No need to wait in line with other hikers (public toilets are normally badly maintained and far away from campsites).
- Personal equipment to each trekker will be provided: duffel bag (for your luggage), rain poncho, air foam mattress, insulated pillow, and a daypack cover protection.
- Our tents are spacious, clean and of high quality. Eureka Timberline 4 person tents will be provided for 2 persons sharing
- Porters, in addition to camping gear can carry up to 7kg/14lbs of your personal belongings (your duffel bag)
- Clean drinking water at each campsite will be provided at no additional fee
- Included 5 overnights in standard hotels in Cusco and Sacred Valley before and after the trek
- Included 2 full days of Guided tours in Cusco and in Sacred Valley with private transport
- Your train ticket and bus ride on the way back from Machu Picchu
- All private airport transfers for our group on arrival/departure in Cusco
- Best local experience guaranteed. Best dining experience. Plenty of homemade hot food cooked every time from scratch by our chef. We don't use preserved or dry food.