JOIN ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME ADVENUTRE:
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu was rated in the list of the best hikes in the world by National Geographic traveller. This epic trek includes a portion of the historic Inca Trail, but gives a unique opportunity to hike without crowds and enjoy the Andean wilderness
This trek rewards you with variety of stunning mountain landscapes, glaciers and lakes, cascades, wildlife and tropical cloud-forest.
You will follow the Inca steps through the ancient archeological sites.
See the sunrise at the Lost City of Machu Picchu!
- Cusco and Sacred Valley of Incas: the most significant Inca temples ,
natural and archeological wonders, local culture and gastronomy!
- RAINBOW MOUNTAIN, a day-hike to astonishing natural wonder! Away from the beaten path and hard to reach, Rainbow mountain was ranked by National geographic as one of the 100 unique places on Earth!
TEAM, ASSISTANCE & ARRANGEMENTS:
- You will be traveling in a small TEAM of maximum 12 hiking fellows assisted by local professional team-leader and mountain guide, a crew of porters and chef.
- This hiking trip will be organized in the PREMIUM category,. It means that you will be traveling as a PRIVATE GROUP without mixing up with others.
- We provide reserved camping locations for our groups, with the best views and facilities.
- Porters will carry your personal luggage (we provide duffel bags complimentary) and set up the campsites for us.
- You will have the best delicious food cooked from scratch by professional chef.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS:
Salkantay trek is a moderate difficulty with some challenging parts.
Previous hiking/camping experience and being in a good physical shape is required from all participants. You must be able to walk ~12/daily at the high altitude up/downhill and keep up with the group.
You don't need professional climbing skills. No glacier/snow hiking required. Kids 12+ are allowed for this hike assisted by their parents.
Total hiking days: 3 days Salkantay trek + 1 day Rainbow Mt hike (day-hike from Cusco)
Walking Distance (Salkantay trek): 47km (31miles)
Elevation on arrival to Cusco: 3399m (11000")
Elevation at the Salkantay trailhead: 3400m (11000')
Salkantay Pass: 4650m (15255')
Rainbow Mt: 5020 m (16470")
Lodging on a trek: 1 night in the sky-roof huts (bunk beds), 1 night in tents (double sharing)
Lodging in the cities: 2.5-3* Hotels
Assistance: LOCAL GUIDE, assistants/porters, chef
Meals: All included on trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Camping gear: tents, mats, kitchen, dishes are provided and carried by porters as well as your personal luggage up to 7kg/14lbs
What you carry: your personal day-pack with essentials for the day hike (water, extra layer, sunscreen, snack, photo-camera....).
Gear you can rent in Cusco: sleeping bags, mattress, trekking poles
How to REGISTER:
$800 Non-refundable deposit for each traveler is required to keep your spot in a group
Trip price is based on double-sharing accommodations in hotels and camping tents
Single accommodation is possible on request, with extra-charge $320
SIGNATURE CAMPING , DELUXE COMFORT AND EXTRA-BENEFITS INCLUDED:
- We provide personal equipment to each trekker at no additional cost: duffel bag (for your trekking luggage), rain poncho, basic mat, insulated pillow, daypack cover protection, small hand towel & sanitizer.
- Clean drinking water at each campsite will be provided for your bottle/hydration pack
- Porters carry up to 7kg/14lbs of your personal belongings (duffel bag)
- First night on a trek travelers stay at our privately owned campground in dbl sharing sky-roof huts , that is a significant highlight on a trek!
- Second night travelers stay in tents. Our tents are spacious, clean and of high quality. Eureka Timberline 4 person tents will be provided for 2 persons sharing.
- Best dining experience. Delicious meals. Plenty of homemade hot food cooked every time from scratch by our chef. We don't use preserved or dry food. We also cater for vegetarians and gluten-free.
- We stay overnight at privately owned campgrounds separately from other hiking groups. Our campsites are clean and stay away from noise. We have private toilets there. No need to wait in line with other hikers (public toilets are normally badly maintained and far away from campsites).
Arrival to Lima from United States (anytime). Connect to ongoing domestic flight to Cusco (local flights operate btw 5AM and 5PM). On arrival to Cusco meet at airport with our local english-speaking representative and drive to hotel in the Old Town.
Altitude of Cusco: 11200" /3400m