** SOLD OUT! ** [[ Please see our next retreat to Guatemala here, October/November 2018. ]] We are thrilled to be returning to the beautiful Lake Atitlán, for our fifth retreat in this magnificent location. This April/May trip includes an overnight stay and excursion in Antigua, a city of rare beauty and vibrant culture.
Join Julie Murphy and Karen Pagano to celebrate the light that shines within! Dig a little deeper and become curious about taking your yoga beyond your mat, on the magical path of awakening.
Light the Spark of Awareness … through yoga, meditation, sacred movement, conscious breath, adventurous journeys, meditations and more.
** WHAT WE'LL EXPLORE **
• A full Yin Yoga Immersion, creating space within the connective tissues of the body and the mind
• Yoga Nidra Awakening, setting your life on a vibrant course through the power of intention
• Conscious Breath (Pranayama) to stoke your life force and burn away what no longer serves you
• Positive Affirmation, making space for clarity and setting your life on a vibrant course
• Playful exploration, philosophical discussion, and embracing the universal heart within as you claim your rightful happiness
In between yoga time, let stress dissolve as you hike, swim, kayak, enjoy a spa treatment…or simply gaze at the ever-changing colors of the lake.
We invite you to disconnect from your tasks and to-do lists, and reconnect to reveal an energized, more balanced you.
** ABOUT OUR ECO-RESORT ON THE LAKE**
Our retreat hideaway is safe and secluded, with no vehicles or traffic and the most dramatically beautiful views we’ve seen on any of our many Lake Atitlán visits.
This family-run wellness resort is secluded and intimate, dedicated to providing the perfect sanctuary for a peaceful getaway. The owners are also committed to the local community, working to improve literacy rates and increase opportunity for learning and earning.
All rooms have private bathrooms, and private balconies with spectacular views of the lake.
** ABOUT OUR ANTIGUA EXCURSION **
After our stay on the lake, we pause to explore Antigua and stay overnight for an easy departure home the following day. Antigua is a city of major historical significance, with striking 17th-century ruins, colonial-era mansions and churches, and craft markets with vibrant colors and designs.
** RETREAT TESTIMONIALS **
“Thanks a million, best time ever. Looking forward to our new adventure. But first, let me savor this one. Namasté.” – Céline C.
“It was an amazing experience that I cannot explain to anyone. I feel so at peace. I can’t stop thinking about this trip and all the memories and all the special people. Namaste.” — Jojo F.
“What an adventure, many happy memories and life changes. Julie and Karen, thanks to you for creating such an amazing experience. Each of you is remarkable and together you are magic. Namaste’.” — Ruth M.
See more about our retreats here.
All prices are per person and include:
• 5 nights accommodation at Lomas de Tzununà, Guatemala
• 1 night accommodation in Antigua, Guatemala
• Group excursion in Antigua
• Delicious meals (full board on the lake, breakfast in Antigua)
• Daily yoga and meditation on the lake, with two different teachers
• Group transportation from and to Guatemala City airport (set times)
• Group transportation to the city of Antigua, Guatemala
• Additional excursions or treatments
• Lunch/dinner in Antigua
The connection between Julie and Karen as soul sisters elevates their teaching to a place of joy and delight, plus a fair bit of laughter. Individually, here’s more about us:
Karen Pagano is considered one of the pioneers of Yin Yoga in South Florida. She fell in love with yoga over 25 years ago and completed her 200-hour certification in Seattle, WA and Bali. Karen’s joyous delivery helps students to laugh at their quirks and celebrate their victories, on and off the mat. Her favorite yoga phrase is, "Come Om to yourself”, as yoga brings us back to the happy person that is our essence. This is Karen’s foundation of teaching in Yin, Hatha and Yoga of Sound.
Julie Murphy discovered the joy of yoga in her home country, South Africa. Many Oms later, she completed her 200-hour certification in the US and began teaching in 2007. Her 500-hour studies took her to India for a deeper understanding of yoga. Julie is also editor of Today’s Yoga magazine and is well known for her soothing voice and Yoga Nidra recordings, enjoyed by thousands on Insight Timer. She is inspired by yoga as a way for anyone to reach their full potential—in body, mind and spirit.