Join Satya for a weekend of healing, community, and a celebration of Spring within the sacred grounds of Groundswell Retreat Center. Located on 200 acres of vital grasslands and redwoods, the diverse landscape provides an exquisite and magical experience of both raw and cultivated beauty. Stewarded by a queer intentional community, this worker-owned center invites deep rest and meaningful connection to self, community, and earth. The land features redwood groves, a farm, a natural hot tub, and spectacular upland views.
Explore the interplay of bliss and stillness as both our true nature and the Divine Play of the world around us. Dive deep into the Yoga tradition with Asana (physical Yoga postures), meditation, pranayama, mantra, and stories for connection and deep soul growth. There will be Yoga asanas offered for all levels of experience: Hatha flow, Vinyasa, Restorative, and basics. Trade the daily grind for meditation in the ancestral grove of Redwood trees. Soften the commute stress with a refreshing naked (optional!) dip in the meandering creek. Remember the sweetness inherent in all beings watching a baby Alpaca curl up to its mama.
People of all genders, 15+ in age, religions, ethnicities, races, immigration statuses, abilities, shapes, sexual orientation are welcome and celebrated in this space.
Arrival: 4-6 pm Friday, May 15th (late arrival possible if approved by organizer)
Departure: 1 pm Sunday May, 17th
1. Payment plans available
2. If you would like to arrange to pay by cash or check, please contact Satya directly firstname.lastname@example.org
*****Rates go up on March 1st and May 1st*****
3. All deposits & payments are NON-REFUNDABLE and NO EXCHANGES. This includes acts of God or Mother Nature. Please make sure you purchase travel insurance that would cover a cancelled retreat or your personal need or emergency to cancel your retreat. As times become more turbulent, it's important to be prepared. Lonely planet has good insurance. Make sure to check fine print.
4. Carpooling will be made available but is not guaranteed.
5. Check back for Work-trade and scholarship information in January
6. All meals are included and lovingly prepared by a local chef. Ingredients are organic and largely plant-based nutrition. Gluten-free, vegan, and other dietary needs are available upon request.
For more information about Satya come by one of her public classes listed at facebook.com/satyabodyworks
or check out these videos: