This sustainable surf & cultural immersion trip is designed to give participants the opportunity to enjoy the best surf breaks of Bocas, participate in a variety of activities, be immersed in the local culture, and give back to the local communities they are visiting. To us, being sustainable means taking into full consideration our impact socially, environmentally, and economically. We strive to keep as much money as possible in the local communities and to give participants insight in the "real" Bocas... a beautiful, diverse archipelago with a unique set of needs.
All levels of surfers welcome! No previous experience necessary. We can accommodate all levels of surfers. Non-surfers are welcome as well and will be offered a variety of other activities.
When living in remote island communities, we often face unpredictable situations, such as rainy weather conditions, power outages, and other challenges, that may result in changes to the itinerary below. The projects and activities to help with will vary throughout the year. We will do our best to adapt schedules to ensure that participants get to experience everything we have planned.
* International flights should be booked to/from Panama City’s international Tocumen Airport (PTY).
* Domestic flights should be booked on Air Panama from Panama City’s Albrook Airport (PAC) to Bocas del Toro (BOC). Please leave at least 3 hours of connecting time between your international arrival and domestic departure in order to clear customs and transfer between airports.
* Please arrive in Bocas del Toro on Saturday July 8th by 4:30pm Please depart on Saturday July 15th after 7am.
* Participants are welcome to extend their stay or book other flights but may be responsible for coordinating their own transportation upon their arrival in Bocas.
* Give & Surf is happy to make recommendations on where to stay & eat and what to do if staying in Panama City before or after your trip as well as help coordinate transportation between airports.