Adventure through Uzbekistan on our epic 11-day itinerary! We've designed this extended itinerary so that you can make the most of your time in Uzbekistan. You'll explore rich Islamic heritage, learn more about important scholars and historical figures who once lived here, enjoy delicious Uzbek cuisine and hone your artistic skills.
Here's what one of our guests, Saadia, says about this trip:
"Adventure in Uzbekistan!
" This was my second trip with HTG - and let's just say I've left a part of my heart in Uzbekistan!
Soumaya's hard work, and planning is quite evident when you see the carefully chosen hotels, and the rich in history itineraries she chooses.
I, truly, was able to sit back and relax and let everything be taken care of. As a meticulous planner, this is extremely hard for me to do normally, but I feel I could not have done it better myself.
Travelling with HTG gives you the added bonus of feeling safe, and finding like minded travellers with whom you form a bond. A special thanks to Humoyun (our local host in Uzbekistan) who ensured the group was taken care of - and added to the spiritual discussions on our many road trips!"
Tashkent – Samarkand - Shakhrisabz - Nurata - Bukhara - Khiva
What you'll experience during this trip
Departure 1: Wednesday 10th May - Saturday 20th May 2023
Departure 2: Wednesday 14th June - Saturday 24th June 2023
Departure 3: Wednesday 4th October - Saturday 14th October 2023 Departure 4:
ARRIVAL TRANSFER: On Wednesday morning from 07:30 - 08:30 am.
DEPARTURE TRANSFER: On Saturday at 07:00 am.
Arrival/Departure Airport: Taskent (TAS)
These transfer windows have been planned to align with flights to Tashkent with Turkish Airlines. We welcome guests from all nationalities and countries to join the trip and can arrange separate airport transfers where necessary, for an additional fee.
Please familiarise yourself with the Ts&Cs below
1. A £60 deposit is required to confirm your booking. The deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
2. Full payment is required no later than 8 weeks before your trip departure.
3. Once you have made your full payment it is non-refundable and non-transferable. You may sell your space to somebody else should you find you are no longer able to travel.
4. Cancellations less than 10 weeks before trip departure are liable to incur costs. Should you anticipate challenges travelling, please give us as much notice as possible.
5. We strongly recommend you buy travel insurance as soon as making your booking, to protect yourself in case unforeseen circumstances arise and you are no longer able to travel. This should include medical cover and cancellation protection in the event of covid.
6. Entry requirements: It is incumbent upon each traveller to familiarise themselves with the entry requirements to the country they are visiting. This includes visas and covid testing status.
7. All guests are screened following booking. Should you not pass the screening process, your deposit will be refunded.
Welcome to Uzbekistan!
You’ll be greeted at the airport and taken straight to your hotel to freshen up and rest a little.
In the afternoon we’ll take you to Chorsu Bazaar, Tashkent’s central market and possibly the best way to get introduced to Uzbek culture. You’ll have the chance to sample plov, somsa, lagman and so much more!
Once you’ve had the chance to explore and enjoy some authentic local food, we’ll take you around the old part of Tashkent to begin your journey of discovering Islam in Central Asia.