JOIN A TRIP OF A LIFETIME:
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu was rated in the list of the best hikes in the world by National Geographic traveller. This epic trek includes a portion of the historic Inca Trail, but gives a unique opportunity to hike without crowds and enjoy the wilderness
- This trek rewards you with stunning Andean landscapes, glaciers and lakes, cascades, wildlife and tropical cloud-forest. We will follow the Inca steps through the ancient archeological sites and pass vibrant local villages along the way!
- We will admire the Lost City of Machu Picchu at Sunrise and have a plenty of time to explore the archeological site.
- We are planning to visit the most significant Inca temples and ruins in Cusco and Sacred Valley
- Additional option: a day hike to astonishing natural wonder - RAINBOW MOUNTAIN. Away from the beaten path and hard to reach, Rainbow mountain was ranked by National geographic as one of the 100 unique places on Earth!
- Travel in our small group of 10 hiking fellows assisted by enthusiastic and fun team-leader Karina Safari (Spanish/English/Russian-speaking) and qualified team of local guides and porters.
- Our trip will be organized in the PREMIUM category, it means that we will be traveling by ourselves without mixing up with other groups, our porters can carry our personal luggage, we will stay at exceptional campsites, with the finest equipment, best delicious meals, and wake-up coffee, chocolate, or coca-tea brought to our tents each morning!
Number of days: 8 days /7 nights (including Salkantay Trek 3d/2n)
Walking Distance: 47km (31miles)
Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging
Start elevation of the hike: 3400m (11000')
Highest elevation (Salkantay Pass): 4650m (15255')
Accommodation: 2 nights in tents, 5 nights in standard hotels
Assistance: Tour leader, professional local team of guides and porters
Meals: All included on trek (meals cooked by chef) / breakfasts in hotels
Who carries our camping gear: Porters (your personal luggage up to 7kg/14lbs can be carried by porter as well).
$500 non-refundable deposit for each traveler is required to lock your spot in a group
Trip price is based on double-sharing accommodations in hotels and camping tents