JOIN A TRIP OF A LIFETIME:
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu was rated in the list of the best hikes in the world by National Geographic traveller. This epic trek includes a portion of the historic Inca Trail, but gives a unique opportunity to hike without crowds and enjoy the wilderness
- This trek rewards you with stunning Andean landscapes, glaciers and lakes, cascades, wildlife and tropical cloud-forest. We will follow the Inca steps through the ancient archeological sites and pass vibrant local villages along the way!
- We will admire the Lost City of Machu Picchu at Sunrise and have a plenty of time to explore the archeological site.
- We are planning to visit the most significant Inca temples and ruins in Cusco and Sacred Valley
- Additional option: a day hike to astonishing natural wonder - RAINBOW MOUNTAIN. Away from the beaten path and hard to reach, Rainbow mountain was ranked by National geographic as one of the 100 unique places on Earth!
- Travel in our small group of 10 hiking fellows assisted by enthusiastic and fun team-leader Karina Safari (Spanish/English/Russian-speaking) and qualified team of local guides and porters.
- Our trip will be organized in the PREMIUM category, it means that we will be traveling by ourselves without mixing up with other groups, our porters can carry our personal luggage, we will stay at exceptional campsites, with the finest equipment, best delicious meals, and wake-up coffee, chocolate, or coca-tea brought to our tents each morning!
Number of days: 8 days /7 nights (including Salkantay Trek 3d/2n)
Walking Distance: 47km (31miles)
Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging
Start elevation of the hike: 3400m (11000')
Highest elevation (Salkantay Pass): 4650m (15255')
Accommodation: 2 nights in tents, 5 nights in standard hotels
Assistance: Tour leader, professional local team of guides and porters
Meals: All included on trek (meals cooked by chef) / breakfasts in hotels
Who carries our camping gear: Porters (your personal luggage up to 7kg/14lbs can be carried by porter as well).
$500 non-refundable deposit for each traveler is required to lock your spot in a group
Trip price is based on double-sharing accommodations in hotels and camping tents
- All travel logistics and booking arrangements
- Your trekking permit and all related logistics
- Your admission to Machu Picchu with sightseeing tour
- Professional assistance all the way: Team-leader (Karina Safari), certified mountain guide, porters, cook. Our guides studied in Cusco National University for tourism and english and trained in the first aid.
- 3 meals/daily cooked during the trek: breakfast, lunch and dinner, coffee/tea and drinking water available at campsites
- Camping gear (tents, dining tent, kitchen, bio-toilet tent), first aid kit, oxygen
EXTRA-BENEFITS INCLUDED (WHAT OTHER OFFERS DON'T HAVE):
- Personal equipment to each trekker provided: duffel bag (for your luggage), rain poncho, air foam mattress, insulated pillow, a day pack cover
- Our tents are spacious, clean and of high quality. Eureka Timberline 4 person tents will be provided for 2 persons sharing
- Portable bio-toilet tent for our group only. No need to wait in line in public toilets (not well-maintained and always far away)
- Porters, in addition to camping gear can carry up to 7kg/14lbs of your personal belongings (your duffel bag)
- Clean drinking water at each campsite will be provided at no additional fee
- Included 5 overnights in standard hotels in Cusco and Sacred Valley before and after the trek
- Included 2 full days of Guided tours in Cusco and in Sacred Valley
- Your train ticket and bus ride on the way back from Machu Picchu
- All private airport transfers on arrival/departure in Cusco
- Domestic flights ($150-170 round trip Lima-Cusco-Lima)
- Personal expenses for meals in Cusco, tips etc (~$250-300)
- Optional accommodation in Cusco if you wish to arrive earlier (on request)
- Travel insurance ~$52