SOFTBALL TEAMS AGES: 18u, 16U, 14U, 12U
The UNITED WORLD GAMES - more than just an average tournament
The United World Games are Europe's finest youth sporting event. Pulsating tournaments, a great atmosphere and 100% fun - thousands of young athletes from all over the world gather in Klagenfurt, Austria, every year to celebrate their common passion about sports, make new friends and share unforgettable memories. Sport unites, even though skin color, origin and religion of our participants might differ. The UWG are an international festival of cultural exchange where all participants collectively commemorate and demonstrate the power of sports to build bridges over cultural barriers, while having the chance to discover the host city Klagenfurt, capital of Carinthia, Austria's southernmost province.
The UWG are a big scale sporting event and offer many side events that guarantee fun and entertainment to all participants. The unique combination of awesome sport venues (such as the EURO 2008 arena) and the breathtaking location right next to the beautiful Lake Wörthersee pose with no doubt the perfect mix between sports and vacation.
The United World Games are taking place under the patronage of the UNESCO.
Our vision is to connect young athletes from all around the world through their common passion in sports. The unparalleled atmosphere of the Games creates countless unforgettable memories among the participants. The enjoyment of sport and an open minded approach towards other cultures are the two main elements of the Games.
Host and organizer of the event is the non profit organization UNITED WORLD GAMES consisting of sport fanatic individuals, officials from various clubs and federations as well as many motivated volunteers.
These are the UNITED WORLD GAMES:
• Big scale international Games for the youth of the world
• Thousands of young athletes from more than 40 different countries
• More than 800 teams
• Soccer, Handball, Basketball, Softball, Volleyball, Tennis, Rugby, Fieldhockey, Swimming, Orienteering, Athletics, Floorball, Ice Hockey & Ice Stock Sport
• 4 days packed with sports, fun and action
• Inside the stunning EURO 2008 Arena and over 30 other modern facilities and sports venues
• Unique location in the heart of Europe right next to breathtaking Lake Wörthersee
• A big Players Town offering an amazing entertainment area
• A great choice of tasty yet balanced food
• Various fun activities in the surrounding areas
• An International Training Camp to prepare for the tournaments
• Unforgettable day trips (Venice, Salzburg etc.)
The UWG 2020 are taking place from June 25th to June 28th in Klagenfurt at Lake Wörthersee.
Sign up now and be part of the United World Games 2020!
Your personal chaperon will welcome you at the airport! Boarding of the team bus and transfer to Hotel Check-in in the Rosenheim or Salzburg area. Depending on arrival time: Sightseeing in Munich on the arrival day and first team dinner together.