Join our Adventure Team and Explore the Hidden Gems of Utah Without Crowds!
In the recent years Zion and Escalante National parks of Utah had become very popular and way too trafficked. In this trip we avoid the "mainstream" touristy routes and have a chance to enjoy the most unique landscapes of the "red rock kingdom" almost by ourselves!
What to expect:
🌟 Daily hiking activities in Zion and Escalante National Parks among the weirdest arches, canyons, cliffs and walls, incredible creations of Mother Nature. Learn interesting facts about geology of this region.
🌟 Traveling in the Mormon's state, listen to the spooky stories of the past, the first Mormons settlings, Mormon's traditions, religion and ways of life that haven't changed much since that time.
🌟 Travel in a fun and friendly team of like-minded hikers of our travel family, assisted by a knowledgeable bilingual guide Katya Belykh, the expert of the region!
🥾 Level of hiking: Intermediate with several advanced portions
🏔 Be ready to hike on up to 15 miles on the second day with gradual elevation gain of 1760ft. In other days: less intensive hikes, up to 11 mi/daily with insignificant elevation gain.
🏋🏻♂️ Good physical fitness and previous hiking experience is REQUIRED from all registered participants
🍭 Kids are allowed 16 y,o and older assisted by parents (sorry, no discount is given)
✈️ Arrival / Departure to & from Las Vegas, NV
🏠 Lodging: Hotels, dbl sharing rooms with private facilities (1 night in St. George, 3 nights in Kanab)
Participant can cancel their trip anytime prior departure with the following penalties:
- Registration deposit (if applicable) is non-refundable after being paid;
- Cancellation 30 to 21 days before departure - up to 50% of the Trip cost
- Cancellation 20 to 0 calendar days before departure – non refundable
Trip cancellation insurance is advisable; it protects all registration deposits and payments for both air and land cost.
It's on average nice and warm weather to be expected in April, 60-70F, temperature may drop close to freezing at night.
Rain is possible but not likely
- A small-size suitcase or Duffel bag or a Backpack for your main luggage (Note: Please don't bring too big and bulky backpacks)
- A small backpack 25-30L for day-hikes (to carry a water reservoir, an extra layer, a hiking snack, sun block, and a personal first aid kit).
- Head lamp (it is good to have light when your hands are free always keep it in your backpack on a hiking trail)
- Trekking poles – optional (if you are used to hike with trekking poles, bring them. Otherwise, not necessary. Note: Hiking poles are not allowed in carry on luggage)
- Water bottle or camelback reservoir (1.5-2L)
- Several zip lock bags for your personal garbage/leftovers during hiking days
- Sunblock (UV 50+) & lip balm
- Personal toiletries : toothpaste, toothbrush etc.
- Your personal first aid kit (personal medications you can’t do without). The guide will have essentials.
- Face covering (needed on a flight and indoor public places, visitor centers etc)
- Ear plugs, if you are a sensitive sleeper
Outfit for hiking:
- Good sturdy high-ankled hiking boots, well-worn before the trip (!) Please don’t bring brand new boots, try them a few times on hiking trails before the trip, to avoid painful blisters while on a trip
- Comfortable tennis shoes (it's good to have a change of shoes for off-trail activities)
- Light hiking pants (shorts or yoga pants are not recommended – to prevent sunburns)
- Light long-sleeved loose shirt (for sun protection)
- A change of long/short-sleeved t-shirts for hiking (preferably a quick-dry fabric, not cotton)
- A change of long hiking socks (not cotton. merino wool is the best)
- Fleece jacket or light sweater
- A windproof/waterproof jacket
- A down-jacket for chilly evenings and mornings
- Fleece or wool beanie and gloves for chilly mornings and evenings (it's always good to have)
- Swim suite and sarong/quick try small towel (there will be an opportunity to swim in lakes and rivers)
Arrival to Las Vegas (NV) in the evening. Airport pick-up and drive 2h to the town of St.George (UT). Overnight in a basic hotel in St. George.