The Sierra Negra Volcano is considered the oldest of the Isabela volcanos. According to
some geologists, including Nordlie, while wider and less deep.
Group type: Not private (shared)
Max travelers per product: 15
* Not wheelchair accessible
* Children must be accompanied by an adult
* Taking comfortable shoes for walking on the island
* There no drop off in the hotel, the tour end in Puerto Villamil's Dock
Level of difficulty:
* Most travelers can participate
Guides and languages in person:
* English, Spanish
Policy type: All sales final
Travelers will not receive any refund regardless of cancellation status.
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
* This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
* This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
The guide will pick up you in the hotel near to the urban perimeter of Puerto Villamil
The tour starts early in the morning, you pick up a bus or car to take you to the starting point that is 30 minutes from Puerto Villamil, where the trail that leads to the Sierra Negra volcano begins.
The walk lasts about 5 hours and most of the journey is flat, with few ups and downs.
When you enter the small volcano, which is inside the crater of the Sierra Negra Volcano, you will realize that it is still active and many holes feel warm when you put your hand.
Drop off in Puerto Villamil's dock, you have to go to the hotel bu yourlself