Repeat after me:
- Rum tasting on a rooftop overlooking Cartagena with fresh tropical fruits + amazing views
- Cartagena Walking + Street Art Tour & Cartagena Culinary Tour
- Ceviche class
- Relaxation at our rooftop pool in Cartagena and pool/beach in Santa Marta!
- Beautiful Santa Marta on the coast where we will go adventuring in Parque Tayrona National Park & tube down the river!
- Dance every day
- Meaningful volunteer work with La Sierra Artist Residency
Please join an incredible group of Wildhive women on a mission to play, explore, laugh (A LOT), enjoy, learn and grow. Wildhive's 3rd dance + service adventure takes us to two different locations: Cartagena + Santa Marta, Colombia! 9 nights/10 magical days (all of this & more for $250-$283 a night!).
We all come for different reasons and from different places. But, on this trip we cultivate: Positivity. Empowerment. Acceptance. Celebration. Joy. Freedom. Encouragement. Expression. Laughter. Connection. WILD.
Other than this, nothing is mandatory!
- People who LOVE a group travel experience. Especially one where we unite in dance, laughter & having one helluva good time!
- People who do not mind a 5 HOUR DRIVE (in a very nice bus w/a bathroom!) to our second location in Santa Marta. Part of Wildhive's trips are that they are off the beaten path. We have to be light & flexible - as any traveler or travel-aspirer knows - it IS an adventure and we cannot control everything, but those hiccups make the best stories! Having a sense of humor is essential.
- There are single rooms available on this trip. Everyone will need to share a room and even potentially share a queen size bed! Note: There will be plenty of spots around our accommodations to get some solo time if/when needed.
- There is hot water in Casa Claver, however, hot water is limited at Gitana Del Mar. You must be ok with getting a little rustic for part of the trip ;-) There is also no A/C, some rooms have fans.
We will be volunteering with an amazing organization in Santa Marta called La Sierra Artist Residency. We are still determining what our project will be - anything from creating an eco-mural with the indigenous communities surrounding Santa Marta. OR, helping them renovate their rural school! They need a lot of love and we will determine what makes the most sense for our time there, as well as what is impactful + long-lasting.
We will book the first flight out to Miami (on Delta or any other airline?) on 2/14. There is one direct flight on American Airlines from Miami to Cartagena on 2/14 landing at 1:47PM. There is another direct flight landing at 4:21PM on United, from Miami. We will determine this as the date gets closer, but I have arranged transportation to/from the airport!
If you cancel your trip more than 90 days prior to the retreat start date, you are eligible for a refund (if we are able to fill your spot with another retreat participant). After this point, all trips are non-refundable.
Gitana Del Mar has two (2) unique and very comfortable Luxury Glamper Tents, which have their own wood deck front porch and are set apart and more private than the Bungalow Suites and Standards. They have one (1) Queen bed and one (1) single bed or (3) single beds. The Glampers have access to shared bathrooms (4 showers, 4 bathrooms).
The Bungalow Suites are spacious, have one (1) queen bed and one (1) twin bed as well as a private bathroom with an open air shower.
The Bungalow Selva is an all wood bungalow and is their most private option. It has a one (1) queen bed and one (1) single bed as well as a private bathroom with open air shower and hot water. This is the closest option to the beach and there is also a private sitting garden in front of the bungalow.
*I will put you in a room at Casa Claver.
2/14: Arrival. Check in to hotel. Relax by pool. 7:30PM dinner at Interno.
2/15: Breakfast. Walking City + Street Art Tour. Relax by pool. Ceviche Class for dinner. Dance club after for those who want to go out and experience their local dance scene.
2/16: Breakfast at Casa Claver. Dance. Culinary Tour. Rum Tasting Class. Relax. 7PM dinner at Carmen.
2/17: Breakfast. Early morning pick up for 5 hour drive to Santa Marta. Beautiful drive along the coast. Arrive at Gitana Del Mar - check in. Dance. Dinner.
2/18: Dance. Volunteer.
2/19: Dance. Parque Tayrona Excursion.
2/20: Dance. Volunteer.
2/21: Dance. Volunteer. River Tubing.
2/22: Return to Cartagena. Dinner with chef at Casa Claver Boutique Hotel.
2/23: Fly home.