Watch last years video [here].
Join Natalie for a journey of the heart and mind on a Upscale Yoga Retreat as we explore the living pilgrimage sites of Kathmandu and beyond.
Experience one of the most magical, beautiful, peaceful yet exhilarating places in all of Asia. This is a spiritual journey for those that are seeking to visit Nepal and immerse themselves in the spirituality that is offered not only in the living traditions but also in spirit of the land. Hinduism and Buddhism converge here, and is full of awe-inspiring monuments to the sacred.
If you love yoga and you love adventure, this transformative divine journey will be the experience of a lifetime!
Experience Daily Yoga and/or Meditation
• Visit Kathmandu's most sacred temples including The Pashupatinath Temple (Nepali: पशुपतिनाथ मन्दिर)the most famous and sacred Hindu temple complex in Nepal and Boudhanath Stupa, one of the most significant places for Tibetan Buddist devotees.
• Experience one of the gateways to trekking in the Himalayas, Pokhara. It will overwhelm you with one of the greatest photo spots in the world. You will walk along the shores of the Phewa lake you will be surrounded by a panoramical view over the Himalayan peaks of the Annapurna.
Visit (Peace) Shanti Stupa in Pokhara balanced on a narrow ridge high above Phewa Lake, the brilliant-white Peace Pagoda of Pokhara offers spectacular views of the Annapurna range and Lake Phewa. Pilgrims climb the hill using paths from the different parts of the city or take a boat across the lake and begin their climb at the shore.
Soak in the majestic energy of the Himalayan mountains in:
• Nagarkot one of the broadest possible views of the Himalaya, with eight ranges visible.
• Dhampus a traditional village located within the Annapurna Himalayas where you will you we were rewarded by the view of Machhapuchhre (Fishtail Mountain) glowing shades of yellow and orange in a mesmerizing display of sunrise Alpenglow.
• Day Hike in the Mountains
From Dhampus Village to Sarangkot. Sarangkot offers one of Pokhara's greatest views of the Annapurna Himalayan mountains peaks. We will have the opportunity to view it at the best time dawn or dusk due to the spectacular pink and orange hues the mountain range takes on.
• Nepal homestay with a local family: Experience Nepalese village life first-hand and chance to experience living with a Nepalese family. Learn the depth of their rich culture, food, and heritage with an amazing experience of local village lifestyle. Very rarely are we given the opportunity to experience local living, and when you are given the chance, you feel honored and grateful.
A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person is required to hold your space and is due at the time of registration.
Full balance must be paid 60 days prior to event start date.
Cancellations must be sent in email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
60 days or more prior to the event: your entire payment will be refunded less $500 non-refundable deposit.
If retreat is full, waitlist will be available.
Retreat starts Sept 25 with a welcome dinner. Check in to the hotel anytime that day to get settled. If you have a late night arrival, you may have to arrive Sept 24..
Retreat ends after breakfast on Oct 2
Flights: There are myriad of different ways to look for flight. I like to use www.skyscanner.com
Money: I usually just bring my ATM card for cash and use as needed when I am in Kathmandu.
Bring USD with you on the plane as you will need for your Visa.
You are welcome to bring Travelers Cheques... but I have not used them in a very long time.
ATMs are fine in Kathmandu, Pokhara and major cities but it doesn't hurt to inform your banks before coming to Nepal (sometimes banks might block your card).
Money Exchange Available:
• in Thamel
• Or Nirajan can help us with a better rate. The rates aren't as good at the airport
Entry, Exit and Visa Requirements (US Passport Holders)
Requirements for Entry:
Passport must have six months or more validity remaining at the time of entry
Visa appropriate for purpose of travel
Online application: https://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa
Either apply for a visa at a Nepalese embassy or consulate before traveling, or purchase a tourist visa upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport (Kathmandu) or at the following land border points of entry:
You may request:
15-day multiple-entry tourist visa ($25 USD)
1-month multiple-entry tourist visa ($40 USD)
3-month multiple-entry tourist visa ($100 USD)
4 passport photos
Bring Cash for Visa Fee
Visa fees are payable in USD. Money-changing and ATM services are available at the airport, but credit card payment is not a reliable option. Tourists may stay no more than 150 days in any given calendar year.
Yoga - Please bring leggings or very loose trousers with stretch so most of our legs will be covered.
Scarf - I always have one with me in case I need to cover my shoulders.
Evacuation + Medical Insurance ~ Here are some options:
1. Global Rescue www.globalrescue.com
Global Rescue Memberships start at $119. If you have any additional questions they can be reached anytime by email email@example.com or at +1 (617) 459-4200, or via our website,
$240 Individual - 1 month
There is a Facebook page that has misc questions from the previous Q & A's. You are welcome to post your questions so others can see.
Daytime Temperatures Range 68F - 77F
You will receive a more extensive list in the Program Guide. Some suggestions are yoga mat, layers for all weather, reusable water bottle, comfortable shoes
Kathmandu has nearly everything. . They have lots of street vendors.
$1500 Early Bird
$1600 After June 1 , 2019
*additional fee for single supplement
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu, Check in Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu - sightseeing and Nagarkot.
Day 03: Nagarkot - Kathmandu fly to Pokhara.
Day 04: Pokhara - Dhampus Village.
Day 05: Dhampus village to Sarangkot.
Day 06: Pokhara - fly back to Kathmandu - Patan.
Day 07: Patan - Kathmandu.
Day 08: Final departure.