Combining a Yoga Retreat with a trip to a beautiful destination in nature is the perfect recipe for a rejuvenating vacation. Immerse yourself in a week of serenity with Yoga Teacher and Reiki Therapist Lauren Dee for a life-enhancing experience where the jungle meets the ocean.
You will roll out your yoga mat each day on an open air yoga deck with natural teak floors, overlooking the ocean, mountains and valleys. Mornings will be met with an insightful Vinyasa Yoga class including meditation, pranayama and philosophy to bring harmony to your body and mind. Afternoons can be spent relaxing at the private salt-water infinity pool, swimming at a nearby white sand beach, taking a hike through the abundant natural landscape or choose your own adventure and take a surf lesson, go kayaking or horseback riding! As dusk approaches you will enjoy a peaceful Reiki Restorative Yoga class including a mini Reiki and Aromatherapy massage treatment.
You will be fueled by 3 daily, delicious and vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free meals cooked by our private chef. With a limit of 12 participants you will have an opportunity to connect with a small group of like-minded individuals while receiving ample attention and support from the teacher. Everything plays a role in our health and overall well-being. Our bodies need the right diet, exercise and sleep, our minds need release from negative and unproductive thought patterns and our environment needs to flow in accordance with the energies of nature. This retreat will give you an opportunity to advance in your yoga practice while diving deep into self-care and give you the inspiration you need to bring some of that peace back home with you.
AHKí RETREAT is an eco-friendly and tranquil resort nestled in 5.5 mountain acres, located near the Pacific coast, in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica (near Nosara) and has been named one of five ‘Blue Zones’—where people are said to be healthiest and happiest. As secluded as the retreat center feels, it is just minutes away from beaches (Playa Garza, Playa Guiones, Playa Pelada), kayaking, horseback riding, world famous Nosara surfing, zip-lining, nature hikes, shopping, restaurants and more. There will be lots of free time for you to take advantage of these opportunities if you choose. AHKí offers it's entire sanctuary to only one group at a time, so you and the other attendee’s will have exclusive use of the entire property and it's facilities as well as the staff’s undivided attention for your needs during your stay. You will feel zen upon arrival at AHKí with its:
● Stunning covered, open air yoga studio with yoga mats, blocks, straps, bolsters and blankets, overlooking the ocean, mountains and valleys, as well as the beautifully landscaped courtyard and mountainside.
● Outdoor infinity salt-water pool.
● Nestled amongst the trees along a mountain ridge, are two elegant and spacious cabinas with a total of 6 large guest rooms with 2 twin beds for double occupancy accommodation. The heads of all the beds are positioned to the south or east, a Vastu principle that helps to induce a restful night’s sleep. Each room has large windows and doors, patios or decks that command stellar views of the mountains and valleys, private ensuite bathrooms with unique and luxurious walk-in indoor/outdoor showers, fine linens, US style on-demand heaters for reliable hot water, handcrafted Costa Rican hardwood furniture, made by local artisans, ceiling fans, as well as plenty of overhead ventilation for optimal airflow, and daily housekeeping.
● Organic Meals served in a lovely open air dining room, with a grand vista of the gardens, pool, mountains and ocean.
● Indoor Library with inspirational books.
● Indoor/outdoor lounge areas & hammocks and ocean views.
● A luxury spa for self-care (massages and spa treatments can be booked upon
● 100% of AHKí's electric consumption is generated using on-site photovoltaic solar panels.
AHKí is a truly sacred space - built specifically according to the ancient science of Vastu Shastra, “the yoga of space”, invoking peace, wellness and harmony with the environment as well as within one’s self. All the structures are oriented in conjunction with the 9 directions, 5 elements, the earth’s vibrational grid, and the planetary energies.
Costa Rica is known for its beaches, volcanoes, jungles and biodiversity. A common phrase in Costa Rica is ‘Pura Vida’ which means 'pure life' and is used regularly by locals instead of saying hello, goodbye, thank you, and more. It basically means 'everything is great and life is good'. This positive attitude, Pura Vida, aligns with yoga philosophy, such as the practice of being at peace with what is.
Check in on Saturday Nov 23rd from 4pm. Check out on Saturday Nov 30th at 8am. The retreat will begin on the day of arrival at 5pm with a welcome and opening circle, followed by dinner then a Reiki Restorative Yoga class. The retreat will end on the day of departure with breakfast at 7am.
Free time can be spent:
Or anything else your heart desires!
Optional add on activities include:
The Retreat Centre also has a beautiful outdoor spa that offers:
Reiki is a hands-on healing method that originated from Japan in the early 20th century and translates to mean ‘Universal Life Energy’. During a treatment I tap into and become a conduit for high vibrational energy to pass through my hands and into the patient resulting in an immediate sense of relaxation during which the patients parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) activates. The PNS helps the body repair and regenerate helping to boost the bodies natural ability to heal itself. Reiki also helps to clear stagnant energy and leaves the patient feeling deeply rejuvenated.
I suggest everyone book their flights by Sept 1st 2019.
Serving up fresh (organic, when available) vegan/vegetarian, gluten/dairy-free meals made from scratch. In the amply stocked kitchen, the experienced staff will cook solely for our retreat, enabling them to take into consideration your individual dietary needs, making the appropriate modifications and adjustments. All meals are served in a lovely open air dining room, with a grand vista of the gardens, pool and mountains and sea.
Included in the price of the Retreat : 3 meals per day and unlimited fruit, tea and coffee throughout the day!
Chef Daniela's healthy, delicious and creative meals are served sit-down style and carefully planned to be "climate appropriate". You will never feel weighed down from food too heavy for the Costa Rica climate, but, most certainly you will leave the table satiated! You'll love the food so much you'll want to sign up for one Daniela's popular cooking classes which can be arranged if you desire.
* Please note: if there are not enough triple occupancy participants you will need to upgrade to a double occupancy price and room. There are only 3 spots available for triple occupancy so if you have 2 friends you want to sign up with for a triple occupancy room that would guarantee the lower rate.
If you are paying from a Canadian, Europian or Australian bank account please use the credit/debit card option at checkout. All payments are in USD and are non-refundable. Take advantage of this early bird pricing as triple occupancy price is $1480 USD after July 1st!
If you are paying from a Canadian, Europian or Australian bank account please use the credit/debit card option at checkout. All payments are in USD and are non-refundable. Take advantage of this early bird pricing as regular price is $2080 USD after July 1st!