Our Young Guns Concept, offers youth surf camps for teens ages 13-18, held at selected surfing destinations around the world.
The tours are designed for young surfers who are looking to push their limits, improve their style & progression, and experience world class waves, while enjoying a training and mentoring program of highly professionals.
During the trip, we will surf at least twice a day on different spots, depending on the conditions.
The trips accompanied by a professional & well trained team, and a photographer, so we will perform video analysis sessions to highlight improvements and direct the Groms.
The trips offers empowering and improving platform for all surfers - a once in a lifetime experience!
A tropical magical island nestled in the Indian Ocean and offering excellent, high quality waves for surfers of all levels throughout the year.
The peak of the tourism season on the southern side of the island is between the months of October May and the waves are suitable for beginners to advanced.
Upon arrival at the airport, anyone with a valid vaccination certificate will have to present only a negative PCR test and the journey to heaven begins.
Besides surfing we will offer a holistic experience which includes nature & cultural experiences too. The weather on the island is tropical throughout the year, with water temperatures ranging from 25 28 degrees.
Sri Lanka offers a variety of waves for all levels of surfers, from soft beach breaks, reef breaks and long points.
Below are details about the waves in our hotel area:
• Kabalana A FRAME which offers a long, high quality left hander a short, steep right hander, along with another beach break that offers peaks in all directions
• Fishermen's an excellent reef break for intermediate surfers who want to improve technique and style. The waves break in both directions and offer a channel that allows to reach the lineup easily
• Marshmallows a left wave that breaks on deep water, therefore offers long and soft corners, especially for beginners and / or retro surfboards
• Zion a long left hander that breaks off a cliff and another A frame peak which breaks on a rocky bottom
• Lazy Right a soft right hander, located in front of Midigama Bay
• Lazy Left a soft left hander reef break, located in front of Midigama Bay
• Fisherman s Point one of the most quality reef breaks in the area. The break located at the northern end of Welligama and can be access by long paddle or or by boat
• Welligama a wide sand bottom bay with a large number of peaks
• Merissa forgiving righthand point break which breaks on a deep reef
• Mediha Two reef breaks, right" and left" which work at their best at high tide
• Hiriketiya there are two breaks in the bay a left point that breaks on a shallow reef for advanced and an open break beach on both sides suitable for all levels
During the trip the group will stay in the surf town of Mirissa, About two hours drive from Colombo Airport.
Accommodation in double/shared cozy and air-conditioned rooms.
Each room has a TV, air conditioner, fan, and a private shower and toilet with hot water.
In the hotel complex you will find a courtyard rich in local vegetation, pool, restaurant and yoga practice area.
In addition, there are plenty of opportunities for leisure activities in the area beyond surfing, among them: the Buddhist temple overlooking the town, the local market in Weligama, the amazing natural "Blue Bay" and many other natural and cultural sites which we will visit during the trip.
An enriching and empowering experience!