12 Days and 12 nights 100 hour Yin yoga Teacher Training
Minutes from the beach at the Yoga Dunia studio, Nusa Lembongan, a peaceful location, the perfect setting to dive deeper into your Yin Yoga. We are offering an inward reflective learning experience of Yin Yoga and Myofascia Release. Explore the subtler layers, from the energetic to the psycho-emotional, to the psychological dimensions. Using Yin yoga philosophy & theoretical interactive lectures & applying these, together with the 5 element theory. Through our yin shapes, you will learn how to be with all sensations & feel these layers.
You will develop your functional approach, learn about your bio-individuality, understand the theory & apply the sensory experience of movement & how to feel the inner experience of Yin yoga to gain maximum benefit for your own practice & effectively teach others. Learn Yin yoga-specific Anatomy teacher to give you the anatomy essentials for safe & knowledgeable teaching practice.
You will learn the essential teaching skills for an effective Yin yoga teacher, student learning styles & teaching styles for effective teaching. You will have the opportunity to practice teaching pranayama, meditation & Yin yoga to your fellow students to build your confidence in your newfound skills.
You will learn how to effectively sequence & theme your classes to create creativity & interest for your students, weaving the philosophy & the physical practice together. We explore healthy boundaries with students, how to create safe touch, & explore the Yoga lifestyle, the precept of non-violence & the concepts of dharma & karma. You will understand group dynamics, how to incorporate workshops & one to one working to aid your progression as a teacher.
We are offering the complete package of all the Yin essentials to both personalize your own practice & give those of you the skills & additional certification to teach Yin yoga classes.
Each day is themed so you learn something completely new. You will be guided to go through a journey of creative understanding as a student first and then as a teacher
- You will receive a daily 1.5-hour morning practice of the Yinyasa style – a combination of Vinyasa Yin yoga, to get your energy flowing and ready for a journey of learning ahead.
- Then in the evening a 1.5-hour practice of either Yin yoga, Myoyin, Acuyin, Yoga Nidra, and Restorative yoga to rest and restore from all the learning you have absorbed and so you understand and experience all these styles together.
- You will learn completely different pranayama and yin yoga meditation practices each day, specifically structured in a safe way, to build your learning and confidence in a range of techniques that you can add to your personal practice and teaching skills.
- Two daily interactive lectures/analysis labs.
- Refreshments breaks are provided between lecture themes.
- 1.5-hour lunch break with amenities within walking distance of the studio.
- On the day of arrival, your welcome talk is at 3 pm followed by a 2 hour Yin and Restorative practice where we nurture the spine and rebalance the nervous system.
- Then the last day, before your study time and teaching practical opportunities we have a beautiful breakfast together, finishing with a Sunset beach celebration meal with group photos.
- Full days are between 8.5 and 9 hours in length to achieve your contact hours.
- One day off is included during this training to enjoy island life.
- Supportive small group to get personalized attention from the teacher trainer.
by our amazing 100hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training at Yoga Dunia, Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia.
Minutes from the beach in a peaceful location, this is the perfect location to dive deeper into your Yin Yoga and learn how to teach Yin Yoga!!
Our Yin yoga training includes Yin yoga poses, philosophy, yin yoga meditation, practical interactive learning labs, Myofascia release, and Acuyin, essential anatomy principles, functional yoga, TCM physiology and philosophy, lifestyle and ethics, the business side of teaching, lesson planning, student practical teaching labs, opportunity to teach by yourself yin yoga class.
Yin yoga class is excellent for improving your range of motion and flexibility.
Try it out! our 100hr yin yoga teacher training course is suitable for experienced teachers, students wanting to deepen their practice, and those wishing to get qualified in teaching.
Your own practice will deepen as you learn and apply key Chinese Medicine, Yin yoga practical, and theoretical principles, as well as applied the theory of yin yoga to yourself and, have the opportunity of practicing teaching this style to others.
100-hour yoga teacher training is short, only 12 days yoga course, but by the end of this intensive course, you will be able to confidently both practice with inner awareness and teach beautifully.
Claire Green Akira Yoga School – Yin lead Teacher Trainer
Senior Yoga teacher, yoga therapist, and passionate yogi. Claire’s teaching experience involves British Wheel of Yoga Foundation course teacher training, Yin yoga teacher training, retreats, workshops, group classes, privates, pregnancy, postnatal, Myofascial release, and yoga therapy. She incorporates both Yin/Myofascial techniques practices.
You will be trained to develop your own self-practice, create balanced Yin sequences, and teach safely and confidently, whilst gaining a deeper insight into the yogic philosophy of life which goes beyond the asana. This training will not only give you the tools to live a better life and share your gift of yoga with the world, but it will also offer a powerful reflective insightful personal journey.
Training – Claire has over 1,200 hours of teacher training and 16 years of teaching experience
2005 – 500 hours with the British Wheel of Yoga
2009 – Birthlight pregnancy yoga training
2011 – She gained the British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course Teacher Trainer certification delivering the British Wheel of Yoga Hatha yoga-based teacher training.
2014 – She completed Forrest Yoga Advanced Yoga Training
2015 – 500-hour with Maggie Reach studying yin yoga therapy, yoga philosophy, chanting, and Ayurveda, co-run with Neil Pearson, a specialist in physical therapy and chronic pain. She continued these studies in Chennai, India, with teachers D.V. Sridhar, Viji Vasu, & Radha Sridhar at Yoga Raksanam.
2019 – She completed further Yin Yoga training with Jo Phee & Joe Barnett.
The course is suitable for all levels of practitioners who both have a deep interest in the power of yin yoga and for those who have already established yoga teachers and wish to begin to teach this beautiful style.
If you are at the stage where you wish to develop your own practice, learn more about yoga and all its aspects, but are not ready or do not wish to become a certified yoga teacher yet then this course is also for you. We understand it can be difficult to find the time to learn and practice all the elements of yoga, so this is an opportunity to do so without becoming a yoga teacher.
If this is you, we do recommend you to have practiced any style of yoga for at least six months, as this will make it easier for you to develop a regular asana, pranayama, and meditation practice. You will be able to follow exactly the same schedule as those who are choosing to become certified, without the necessity to complete the final test paper and the student teaching labs.
To teach yoga authentically, you do require a minimum of 200 hours, in order to gain appropriate insurance. Therefore, although yoga teaching is not officially regulated, it is wise to gain this base number of hours before undergoing teaching (unless it is for friends, family, and others that understand your experience and teaching certificate hours).
During this intensive course, you will practice two hours twice a day Yinyang, Yin yoga, and Restorative Yoga. Do not worry if you have health misalignments or injuries, please just let us know. Yin yoga and restorative are particularly healing for the body.
Final assessment – you will have the opportunity of practical teaching assignments. This is not compulsory but will be offered to you within the safe and supportive teacher training group, to enable confidence in teaching to be gained.
Our 100-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Bali and Chinese Medicine is built following the Yoga Alliance requirement to offer a full, intensive, and comprehensive learning experience.
Techniques, Training, and Practice
- How our Yin practice differs from more active/Yang styles.
- The physical, emotional, mental & energetic benefits of Yin yoga.
- The Yin yoga practice principles.
- Fundamental differences between Yin yoga & Restorative yoga.
- Daily morning & evening 90-minute Yin yoga classes, experience different asana principles & complimentary techniques within each class. Including Yinyasa, Myoyin, Acuyin, and Yin with Restorative yoga & Yoga Nidra.
- Analysis of the target areas for each Yin yoga pose & how to use functional yoga principles.
- Anatomical breakdown of each Yin yoga asana, variations & the use of props.
- Modifications to suit common health conditions.
- How to intelligently manipulate the connective tissue using Myofascial techniques & integration of these within a Yin yoga class, known as MyoYin & Acuyin.
- How to integrate Yin yoga philosophy & physiology themes within the physical practices.
- Understand the sensory experience of movement & Mindful Yin yoga.
- Practice pranayama & meditation techniques that complement the Yin yoga style.
Teaching Methodology – How to teach Yin Yoga
- Learn how to build intelligently sequenced lessons and the art of effective sequencing.
- Understand different learning styles, the qualities of a teacher, and the student learning process.
- Lifestyle and ethical considerations for Yoga teachers.
- Develop an introspective practice to help you grow as a teacher.
- Essential skills, voice, tone, observational skills, and use of safe touch, to skillfully interact with students and create a safe space for healing potentiality.
- The business side of teaching yoga (including marketing, online and legal).
- Learn how to incorporate themes into your practice & teaching.
- Understand how to create an energetically balanced class.
- Understand how to implement Yang, Restorative style yoga practices, Myofascia release, Acoyin, Pranayama, and Meditation within a Yin class effectively to evoke creativity.
Anatomy & Physiology
- Anatomic analysis of the Zang-fu organs, functionality, emotional attributes, and disharmonies.
- How the organs function together as an interconnected system.
- How do the Zang-fu organs have connections with the nose, ears, eyes, mouth, tongue, nails, and skin, and common signs of imbalance?
- The 3 Treasures, 4 Vital Substances, and Zangfu organ connectivity.
- What are Chi, the Meridian System, and the Meridians’ 3 Primary roles?
- The locations of all 14 main meridians – Lung, Large Intestine, Kidney, Bladder, Liver, Gallbladder, Heart, Pericardium, Triple Burner, Small Intestine, Spleen, Stomach, Ren, and Du
- The Meridians' relationship with the Zang-fu organs, and the flow cycle of Qi within the body.
- The Meridians and emotions.
- Acupuncture Meridian Theory.
- The Meridian Clock and lifestyle.
- Understanding fascia, the connective tissue system.
- The fascia system and nervous system/brain.
- Tension and compression theory.
- Anatomy of Yin yoga – skeletal variation (hips, spine, shoulder)
- Class body analysis lab (hips, spine, shoulder), learning one’s unique anatomical structure.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- The fundamentals of Taoism principles.
- An introduction to TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), Yin yang, 5 elements, Zang Fu, Meridian theories and their interconnectivity.
- Yin Yang theory
- The 5 Element Theory.
- The 5 Spirits in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Learn a broad range of philosophy themes to inspire your students and teaching.
Meditation, Pranayama and Hand Mudras
- A daily Meditation practice to establish a valuable and powerful tool to deepen your spiritual understanding and to feel confident incorporating these techniques into your teaching.
- The structured meditation program includes different meditation techniques to complement a Yin-style practice of both beginners and advanced techniques.
- Techniques included in your manual to encourage continual practice.
Pranayama and hand mudras
- A daily structured progressive program of different pranayama and hand mudras to compliment a Yin yoga practice.
- Understand how to influence and direct the prana (life force) to support and deepen your physical and meditation practice.
- Learn how to move more deeply into the subtle realms of the Self through the subtle body and safely guide your students into a deeper experience of their practice.
- Techniques include both beginner and advanced practices.
- Pranayama instructions and techniques are included in your manual to encourage ongoing self-practice.
Preparatory paired teaching labs in teaching Yin yoga – Teaching Yin yoga experience to a small group to build confidence – Teaching complimentary meditation and pranayama with the Yin yoga practice – Yin yoga practicums observations and constructive feedback – Supportive, safe and inclusive learning environment to allow you to grow into your own Yin yoga teaching style.