Alternative Inca Trail is a 4-day trek to Machu Picchu will take you on a hike across the Mountains nearby Cusco city, following an ancient Inca Trail that connects with the Sacred Valley, follows the Urubamba River, join the Last section of the Classic Inca Trail, and Arrive at Machu Picchu through the Sungate right before the sunset. Along the way, you will have a fantastic view of Cusco from the Mountains, visit local communities, hiking with Llamas and alpacas, visit beautiful archaeological sites such as Huchuy Qosqo, Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo, Wiñaywuayna, and Machu Picchu. This trail was used by the Last Inca King, who moved his rebel army in 1536 from Cusco to the Last Capital of Incas (Vilcabamba) during the XVI century.
24th - Day 1: Cusco - Tauca - Huchuy Qosqo - Ollantaytambo (15km - 7h)We pick you up from your hotel after breakfast, (6.30 am to 7.00 am) and drive for 1.5 hours to Tauca, a small village located near Chinchero. We will hike for around 4 to 5 hours following an ancient Inca Trail until we arrive at the Huchuy Qosqo Inca Site, located at the top of the Sacred Valley. Lunch is served in the archeological site by our trekking team. After enjoying lunch, you will start descending for almost 2 hours to the Sacred Valley where we take a car to Travel to Ollantaytambo and spend the night in a hotel.
Day 2: Hotel - Cachiccata Quarry - Sungate - Back To Hotel (16km - 8h)After breakfast in your hotel, your tour guide will pick you up and start hiking along an ancient Inca Trail, first you will visit the Largest Inca Quarry Located in Ollantaytambo. A box lunch will be provided, in the afternoon, you will visit the Sungate in Ollantaytambo, a spectacular place that offers amazing views of the surrounding mountains and the Sacred Valley.
Day 3: Km 104 - Sungate - Machu Picchu (16km - 7h).After breakfast, we will take the 1.5 hours train to Km 104 and start the Inca Trail. The hike takes around 7 hours visiting Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna, Sungate, Machu Picchu, and we spend the night at Aguas Calientes. Dinner is served in a local restaurant.
Dia 4: Machu Pïcchu - Back Cusco (3 hours tour in Machu Picchu)After breakfast in the hotel, we will drive the early buses to Machu Picchu and explore with your tour guide. In the afternoon you will board the Panoramic train back to Ollantaytambo and bus back to Cusco. The expected arrival time is around 7.30 pm back to your hotel.
· Safety briefing the day before the tour at 6:00 pm in your hotel
· Pick up from your hotel on the morning of the tour.
· All transportation during the duration of the Trek
· Duffle bag up to 7 kilos for your stuff to be carried by porters
· Professional highly trained mountain tour guides
· Three nights 3-star hotel in Ollantaytambo & Agua Calientes
· All meals during the Trek with local ingredients except last lunch
· Entrance ticket to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
· Bus down to Aguas Calientes from Machu Picchu
· Panoramic Exclusive train on the last to come back to Cusco.
· trekking poles
· Last Day Lunch after Machu Picchu Tour
· Huayna Picchu or Montaña entrances (Not Available)
· Tips for porters, chef, guides