February 24th-March 4th, 2022
Future dates are being added soon! We also host private retreats with flexible dates for individuals and small groups. We can also help you with long-term stays for treatment in Costa Rica.
Does your battle with your health seem never-ending?
When autoimmune disorders and other chronic illnesses are taking over your life it can be overwhelming and frustrating. Conventional medicine often fails to take into account the importance of healing the root causes of your condition. As a result, you might find yourself depending on medications and invasive therapies that lead to more complications. This retreat is designed to provide root cause-focused, immune system regulating therapies, and tools to build a healthy lifestyle that will carry you on the path to recovery.
We understand your challenges and hope to provide a sanctuary where you can feel empowered and heal. You will love the beautiful location in the heart of one of the five regions in the world identified as a healing Blue Zone. People with autoimmune illnesses come to Costa Rica and sometimes stay for extended periods of time because they feel so good! Karly, our onsite wellness coach, and retreat organizer is one of them.
Dr. Kim, ND, OMD, PhD, uses his unique recovery formula to treat people who come from all over the world who have autoimmune and other complex chronic illnesses. His formula is a combination of NAET (Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques), Acupuncture, and Craniosacral therapy designed to regulate and calm your immune system. It is an incredible compliment to your current treatment regimen.
Karly Siedlecki started Autoimmune Warrior after spending years learning what it takes to recover from her challenges with Autoimmune Graves Disease, Mold Toxicity, Lymes Disease, Severe Food Allergies, Electromagnetic Field Sensitiivty, Mercury Toxicity, complications from brain surgery to remove a pituitary adenoma like Chronic Fatigue and Hormone Imblances, and complications from a copper IUD like Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. She has experienced it all and deeply understands what you are going through. She is excited to share her knowledge and therapies onsite that provide lasting relief and will be there every step of the way to help you reach your health-supportive lifestyle goals that will prepare you for your new path.
- Those who have an Autoimmune Disease (e.g. Lupus, Chrons, Ulcerative Colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto's, Graves, Multiple Sclerosis, Type 1 Diabetes), struggle to feel good on a daily basis, and are open to alternative ways to recover.
- Those who are ready to do the hard work and take action.
- Those who are newly diagnosed and unsure of what to do next.
- Those who are losing vitality on the conventional path.
- Those who are experiencing a plateau on the holistic path.
- Those sensitive to chemicals and/or many foods. We have taken all of the necessary precautions to avoid chemical exposure and will accommodate your food sensitivities.
- Those who want to support their loved one through their journey to recovery.
- Community - meet others who "get you" and build strength together.
- Resolved food sensitivities and saying goodbye to crazy diets!!! We are not meant to live on the AIP diet or any other highly restrictive diets, but it is a great start to feeling better while the underlying problem is resolved.
- Identify and resolve root causes preventing you from making progress - is there something in your environment, food, thought process, emotional body, or lifestyle that is triggering an unwanted immune response?
- Know how to maintain a healthy lifestyle and still manage your busy life - there are many tips and tricks, but getting in the habit of being creative and finding a way can work in almost any situation.
- A more regulated immune system - your immune system is draining your energy by going after false antigens, including your own body. When it is calmed, strengthened, and re-directed to actual invaders your body can build strength again and recover.
Our highly flexible, sensitivity savvy kitchen offers carefully sourced, organically grown, gluten-free, sugar free, dairy free meals. Just tell us your dietary preferences! After years of studying nutrition, treating allergies, and seeing how the body reacts to foods for over 20+ of doing this work, Dr. Kim prefers that his patients eat a high alkaline, Pesco-Vegan diet. He has found that the healing process is faster when his patients opt for this diet.
Dr. Kim - A Master of Traditional Chinese Medicine, a Doctor of Naturopathy, and Ph.D in Nutritional consulting, trained in the United States with 26 years of clinical experience. Taking teachings from multiple areas of study and healing modalities, he has developed a simple, yet powerful healing formula that addresses the root causes of illness. Patients come to Dr. Kim from all over the world seeking relief from complex cases and many chronic illnesses including autoimmune diseases, cancers, autism, and many more. Please be sure to check out this infographic that explains how his therapies work together to provide an incredible healing experience.
Karly Siedlecki - A certified holistic wellness coach living in Costa Rica. Karly works with U.S. clients privately in Costa Rica and remotely. She collaborates with doctors like Dr. Kim and other amazing holistic practitioners for the best comprehensive care. Her main role during this retreat is to help support lifestyle, environmental toxicity exposure, and diet improvements that are critical for the success of Dr. Kim's treatments. Visit Karly's website to learn more about her.
If you want to feel your best when you arrive and get the most benefits from Dr. Kim's treatments, Karly offers coaching which can help you prepare. Having a supportive health team on your side, toxins in your lifestyle and environment minimized, and stress-relieving coping tools are powerful ways to get started now. Karly also helps those already on this path dig deeper to find autoimmune triggers that may have been missed and guide them through addressing them. Coaching details and pricing can be found here. You will find discounted rates for retreaters.
A 5-bedroom luxury traditional Costa Rican home located in popular and secure Hacienda Pinilla with three-miles of unspoiled Guanacaste Province and the Nicoya Peninsula coastline, pristine beaches, and untouched natural landscapes. It is perfectly sized and situated for this intimate and healing gathering. We have gone the extra mile to ensure the venue is safe from harsh chemicals in and around the property.
- Amazing par 72, 18 hole golf course steps away.
- Minutes away from local activities to enjoy like horseback riding, surfing, fishing, biking, and hiking.
- Golf cart rentals available.
- Full access to the Hacienda Pinilla Beach Club amenities including a gym,and medical center 5 minutes away.
- Many outdoor chill areas and hammocks to enjoy the sounds of nature and even see monkeys.
- 1 hr 20 mins drive from Liberia Airport and 2 reputable hospitals with bilingual staff.
- 25 mins drive from a popular tourist beach town, Tamarindo, which offers many shops, restaurants, and activities. Tamarindo also has a growing ex-pat community and offers quality bilingual emergency clinics.
This retreat purposely does not include many excursions offsite because of the intense focus on healing therapies. For safety reasons, it is best that the participants stay in the resort because the body will be going through changes and detoxification. There is plenty to do within biking distance and we provide bikes to get to the nearby beaches, the beach club, pool, gym, and bike trails. Those with less severe cases may do tourist activities on their own after a few days' treatments and after showing little to no healing reactions.
Please do not expect an easy fix. We will be doing hard work at times and there may be some discomfort through the healing process, especially if you are just starting the holistic path. Those just starting may be required to complete 5 weeks of coaching before to prepare. Expect to experience significant improvements that will be supported by sticking to the diet and protocols throughout the retreat and upon returning home. If you have been on the holistic path for a year or two or more, this may be the missing part of your journey, but there are no guarantees. Karly was an extremely complicated case and found relief and recovery after 7 years and a lot of funds spent trying different doctors, therapies, supplements, etc. She is very excited to share what felt like a miracle with others.
We will never will require vaccines. Most of the staff has had the virus and is not vaccinated.
- Your treatments may be covered by insurance under acupuncture.
- If you are unable to attend the retreat, you can get the same benefits from your own home. Visit for more info: https://www.autoimmunewarrior.com/wellness-coaching/
- Concerned about emergency medical care? We have arranged an emergency medical plan with the best local transport companies, clinics, and hospitals.
This is a typical retreat cancelation policy. We will do everything possible to avoid issues and will try to replace your spot, but it's important to purchase travel insurance for protection. Due to the small size, any cancelation losses would come from the organizer's pocket.
Organizer reserves the right to cancel if Total Fees are not received by the following amount of time prior to the departure date of the Retreat: 6 weeks. If such a cancelation is undertaken, you are not entitled to receive your Deposit back or any other fees paid to that date.
Organizer may also cancel the Retreat for any reason, unrelated to an individual Guest, in the Organizer's sole and exclusive discretion. If Organizer cancels for any commercial reason, all Guests are entitled to receive back any and all monies paid to the Organizer. However, Organizer shall not be responsible for any additional fees paid by Guest to any third parties, such as travel companies, airfare, etc.
If Guests wish to cancel, written notice of such cancellation must be sent to Organizer via email. As noted above, in the event of Guest cancellation, no fees will be returned.
Every morning starts with your personalized Mindfulness Ritual that we will create together followed by yoga and meditation. This might include detoxification self-care techniques like dry brushing. You will have the opportunity to have 2 treatments with Dr. Kim a day and access to massage and other therapeutic services between healthy meals, empowering educational discussions, resting in a hammock or by the pool, and exploring the Hacienda Pinilla resort pools, clubs, and beaches and more with bike rentals provided.
Since a lot of rest is required to support the therapies provided, will have only a few pre-planned additional activities offsite like a sound bath and farm-to-table meal. A cacao ceremony will be held onsite towards the end of the retreat!