BALI BLISS | SPIRIT, NATURE AND COMMUNITY
Join Cross Cultural Journeys on an amazing journey to experience the beautiful and enchanting Isle of Bali. Explore the Balinese practices of Tri Hita Karana, a Hindu saying meaning, "to live in harmony with the natural world, community, and spirit." From the cultural and artistic hub of Ubud, travel to remote villages nestled deep in the jungle, and to beaches along the north coast. Observe traditional ceremonies and rituals that the Balinese celebrate in joyful expression of reverence for their ancestors, gods, families, and the beauty of the natural world that surround them. Trip leaders will provide unique opportunities to unlock the secrets of Bali's deeply spiritual island way of living. You will return home with your world changed forever.
* Tour beautiful Ubud from the backroads to the rice fields, colorful market and the Ubud Palace
* Watch locals perform the magical Barong dance
* Visit artisan villages filled with batik, hand-woven fabrics, silversmiths and woodcarvers
* Experience a cleansing ceremony at a water temple
* Take a meditative walk around the rice terraces
* Once-in-a-lifetime sunrise hike to Mt Batur
* Visit a local coffee plantation for a tasting and tour
* Partake in cultural workshops making offerings and learning Batik painting
* Relax with a sound healing experience
* Watch an evening performance at the Ubud Palace
* Stay at a luxury eco resort surrounded by lush nature
* Visit the Sangeh Monkey Sanctuary, Ulundanu Temple and Banyumala Waterfall
* Participate in cultural workshops like plant medicine, wood carving
* Learn Balinese cooking from our guide as he welcomes us to his village
* Explore meditative rainforest bathing and temple walks
* Visit North Bali: Lovina Beach and Banjar Hot Spring
* Watch the sunset on a glass-bottom boat cruise around the coral reefs
* Hike through West Bali National Park
* Take a boat trip out to explore Menjangan Island
* Snorkel through the tropical coral reefs
* Stay at a CHSE certified Eco Village overlooking the Bali Sea
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT:
Early bird discounts are available for bookings before February 15. Please enter "EARLYBIRDBALI" in the discount code box to activate. $150 will be taken off your final invoice.
INCLUDED: All accommodations (double occupancy; or single room for a supplemental fee); breakfast, lunches and dinners per final itinerary (B, L, D); yoga (most days); local guides & guest speakers; all excursions and entrance fees on itinerary; preparation materials; transportation/coach bus; one CCJ trip manager.
CROSS CULTURAL JOURNEYS FOUNDATION:
CCJ will funnel $50 per traveler to the Cross Cultural Journeys Foundation to support a local not-for-profit or charitable organization (TBA).
NOT INCLUDED: International air travel from mainland USA to Denpasar, Bali; alcoholic drinks; meals not on itinerary. Excursions not on the itinerary; tips for local guide and driver (optional, yet customary); travel protection insurance; bottled water (please bring your own water bottle to refill).
TRAVEL PROTECTION: Cross Cultural Journeys is not responsible for cancellation expenses that you might incur before or during our trip. You may want to check first to see if your current insurance policy covers travel abroad, but we have found that most do not. We strongly encourage considering taking out travel interruption and evacuation insurance to cover any emergencies abroad such as evacuation, or reimbursement for cancellation due to your own illness or an illness in your family. Some plans require you to take out this insurance within 21 days of your deposit to cover pre-existing conditions. CCJ has partnered with TravelSafe. You can visit our online portal to explore different plans. We encourage you to choose a plan that covers travel interruption before you depart, as well as during the trip. CCJ is not responsible for events beyond our control in this regard.
Please visit the Cross Cultural Journeys - TravelSafe online portal to find a plan that works for you. You can also call TravelSafe directly at 1-800-523-8020. Make sure you mention that Cross Cultural Journeys is your tour operator to receive our special rates.
President, Cross Cultural Journeys
Cilla acquired CCJ in 2015. With a B.A. in language and intercultural studies, and an MBA in Sustainability from Bainbridge Graduate Institute, Cilla is passionate about the intersections between sustainable behaviors and cultural values. In an earlier corporate career, she facilitated intercultural training programs for executives living and working across cultures. A native of Sweden and a world traveler, she has lived in Spain, the UK, Chile, and Guatemala. Cilla is based on Bainbridge Island since 2006, where she co-parents her teen son; practices yoga & meditation; and takes long walks with her French bulldog. She's currently working on the final draft of a memoir about her mother’s childhood, contemplating how unresolved trauma can impact future generations.
Journey Operations Manager, Cross Cultural Journeys
Kat joined CCJ in late summer 2022, overseeing and managing the 'backroom' coordination and trip-planning for most of our itineraries, as well as interacting with travelers for pre-departure logistics. Kat lives in Kingston, WA on a 10-acre hobby farm with her husband, Mat, and their menagerie of animals. When she's not chasing alpacas and goats, she can be found practicing yoga. Kat is a Certified 500-Hour Yoga Teacher and received trainings from schools in Bali and Costa Rica. In addition to farming and yoga, Kat loves to travel plan...almost as much as taking the trips themselves! So, when the opportunity to work with Cross Cultural Journeys came about, it was meant to be! This is Kat's second trip to Bali. She loves everything Bali to offer: yoga, spirituality, healthy food, rich culture, wonderful people and lots of time in nature! Kat cannot wait to share this experience with you.
You will be met at the airport and whisked away to Ubud, the artistic center of Bali, for a welcome dinner at our beautiful accommodations set amongst lush green rice fields with views of sacred Mt Agung. Suksham Retreat (D)