Guides: MEJDI Palestinian guide & MEJDI Israeli guide (to be determined)
LAUNCH PROMOTION - 15% OFF at checkout (code: PROMO-15)
Featured by National Geographic and TED, the Dual Narrative Tour (TM) is now open to the public! In this multi-narrative experience, see Jerusalem presented by one Jewish Israeli and one Palestinian guide in tandem. Visit the “Noble Sanctuary” or “Temple Mount,” the complex ascribed special meaning in biblical tradition, and holy for both Judaism and Islam. Move to a viewpoint overlooking Old City rooftops and the valleys beyond its walls – which points are emphasized in each guides’ narrative? Do the two relate differently to the city’s thousands of years of history? Visit the Church of Holy Sepulchre, a window into the diversity of Christian faith and living example of a tenuous truce. Pass through the Old City’s main arteries and small pathways. Who lived here hundreds of years ago? In 1929? 1967? How is it changing today? Understand deep religious and national ties to Jerusalem, consider recent tensions, and ponder the city’s future.
9:45 - 14:30
Meet at Jaffa Gate, conclude at Dung Gate (south side of Old City, near Western Wall).
- Meet your two MEJDI tour guides at the Jaffa Gate before beginning your tour beside the Tower of David
- Discuss the Armenian quarter, and then walk down into the Roman Cardo en route to the Christian Quarter
- Visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and stops along the Via Dolorosa
- Continue into the Muslim Quarter, passing spice, meat, candy, clothing markets
- Enjoy an introduction to Islamic heritage in Jerusalem and relate to current tensions t between Jerusalem's East and West
- Walk back in the direction of the Jewish quarter, passing various landmarks along the way
- Learn about about challenges of residence in the Old City
- Visit the Cotton Market
- Enter the Western Wall complex and learn about Jewish connection to Jerusalem
- See the Temple Mount/Noble Sanctuary complex
- Conclude with discussion in the shade about Jerusalem's future