PRIVATE: HALF-DAY | LIGHT ON TIME, BUT LOADED WITH SCENERY, VILLAGES, AND WATERFALL
This is a short and moderate trek that includes all the sites of a lengthier, full-day tour. After transfer by vehicle and boat, you’ll hike through stunning landscapes of jungle with a backdrop of Karst mountains, visit and eat lunch in a traditional Khmu village, and hike to the Tad Sae waterfall (can be low or dry Mar to Aug).
Must book 3 days before your start date or contact us to confirm any earlier booking.
- 3 days before the tour start date - 50% fee in addition to any 3rd party charges.
- 2 days before the tour start date - 75% fee in addition to any 3rd party charges.
- 1 day before the tour start date or NO SHOW - 100% fee
Refund amount to your credit card account would take 2-5 business days
- Hat and Sunglasses
- Fully charged Camera
- Sunblock and Insect Repellent
- Trekking Shoes and/or Athletic Shoes
- Flip Flops
- Rain Gear (in season)
- Personal Toiletries
- Personal Medicine
- Small backpack to carry water and other belongings
- Small amount of cash for beers/soft drinks/tips/souvenirs/etc.
- Swimwear and Towel
You'll meet your local English-speaking guide and then ride about 30 minutes to the Tiger Trail Adventure Camp on the banks of the Nam Khan River. Cross the river by boat and then begin an easy, 1.5-hour trek through beautiful jungle canopy, stopping along the way to explore a large, traditional Khmu village nestled in the mountains. You may enjoy lunch here or wait until you reach the waterfall, depending on the time and preferences of your group.
After the village visit, you'll continue trekking about 1.5 hours down to the Tad Sae Waterfall, where you may explore and swim (seasonal as the waterfall is dry February to July). Finally, board a long boat again for a short cruise downriver and then on to a vehicle for return to Luang Prabang city. Return time is approximately 2:00 p.m., depending on conditions and hiking speeds.
Total hiking time is about 3 hours.