This is a trip designed for those who want to learn about packrafting, build paddling skills, and have a wild good time at camp!
Each day takes you from our gorgeously outfitted camp to a new location for lessons on and off the water focused on packrafting. Learn the basics of how to pick out a boat and size it appropriately to your body, how to pack for an overnight paddling trip, practice a wide variety of paddling strokes and techniques, start learning how to read rivers and water, tie knots, and practice basic safety principles on water.
After fun on the water return to camp for gourmet meals, cocktail hour, and a host of optional group activities from fly fishing, to foraging, to stargazing, and more.
- A comprehensive intro to packrafting! Practice paddling techniques, loading & outfitting boats, reading rivers, and learn about a unique river ecosystem
- "The River Sampler": explore 2-3 different stretches of the Grande Ronde River, an alpine lake, and a stretch of the Minam River
- After each day on the water return to an outfitted camp for gourmet meals and activities
- Activities include but are not limited to: fly fishing, foraging, hiking, star gazing, hatchet throwing, camp basics, interactive meals and more.
- At the end of the weekend, test your new found skills with a "hike in -- packraft out" experience and head back to camp to raise a glass to your new friends and classmates
The evening before our adventure, meet your guides at our favorite local eatery for a round of drinks on us. Talk shop, get excited, and ask any last minute questions.