This hiking and paddling adventure sweeps you off your feet...literally! Begin your trip with a private wilderness flight deep into Eagle Cap Wilderness, where you'll land along the wild & scenic Minam River.
For the next four days, travel along the Minam River both by foot and packraft as we explore one of the most important arteries of the Wallowa Mountains. Our journey along the Minam begins with hiking 12 miles downstream to our put in where the river's character is calmer (class I-II) and allows for sightseeing and plenty of practice.
This is a great trip for active adventurers with some paddling experience looking for a guided wilderness river adventure, but are perhaps new to packrafting. Contact us with any hesitations or questions.
In addition to an awesome hiking and packrafting adventure, expect gourmet meals, cocktail hours, and a host of optional group activities from fly fishing, to foraging, to stargazing, and more.
- FLY | HIKE | PADDLE: we'll add fishing, swimming, foraging, and more for a truly multi-sport adventure
- WILD: Experience Oregon's largest wilderness from the water
- LEARN: the basics of packrafting including paddle strokes, gear, loading, safety, how to fly fish, and locally-specific conservation practices
- DINE: on chef-prepared, hyper-local gourmet camp grub
- UNIQUE & EXCLUSIVE: at the time of this writing, Go Wild is the only permitted packrafting guide on the Minam River
- EXPLORE & DISCONNECT: travel through the best of the Wallowas with local professional and certified guides
- DINNER AT THE LODGE: kick off the adventure with dinner at the luxury Minam River Lodge on Night 1
What are Packrafts? Packrafts are ultralight (6-10lbs) single-person inflatable boats that can be rolled up and packed in or on a backpack. They make wilderness float trips like this one possible!
Do I need previous experience? Nope! You do not need to be an expert paddler to join this trip, but it can help to have some kayaking experience even if it's on flatwater.
How much do we carry? While packrafts make a backpacking trip easy when you're on the water (because they carry all the weight), they do add quite a bit to your pack weight despite being lightweight. With the addition of paddling gear (packrafts, paddles, helmets, dry suits), a portion of group food, and your typical backpacking gear, packs can weight anywhere from 50-70lbs.
Is the trail difficult? That's the good news! The Minam River trail which we follow for the first 12 miles before launching our boats is well maintained and slopes slightly downhill.
The evening before our adventure, meet your guides at our favorite local eatery for a round of drinks on us. Talk shop, get excited, and ask any last minute questions.